• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

13 hours ago, Luca said:
On 9/27/2019 at 2:36 AM, LLC said:

MSU SEP 18 QdO Coronos Claro Picked up a couple of boxes and they been in my humidor a month. I don’t normally smoke something that soon but I have not had one of these before so pulled one out.

Not quite sure what to make of it. Seemed a bit harsh, not a lot of flavor but it finished well. It will definitely be a while before I have another and hopefully this is t representative of what they will be.

af1d2500ce2e592b3b833e3cf577c01d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that the QdO Coronas Claro start off in a bit of a sick period when fresh. Usually after 2 years they get alot better and are ideal at the 5 year mark. Even beyond the 5 year mark they are good.@DirtyHarry smoked a 2007 QdO Coronas which was gifted by @Fuzzand he said it was amazing!

So rest them up and they will deliver!!

Smoked a Rott QDO CC yesterday,   My first of the newly banded cigars.   I have two old boxes sleeping (wish i had more).  The cigar was very interesting.   I've only ever smoked QDOCC with 2-4 years on them.   This was a bit of a revelation.   Really enjoyed the cigars.   It had a lot of Punch elements going on.  Juicyfruit gum, cloves, pencil shavings etc etc.  it also had a little PLMC like a mix of burnt caramel, and new car leather.    There was a glimpse of the cream, and toasted oat porridge to come, but this cigar was all over the shop (in a good way).   I hope they do calm down, as the QDOCC of 2015-26 are close to my perfect cigar.   

To me the apex or zenith of where you want a QDOCC to be, is when it's like creamy toasted oat porridge, resinous cedar, orange zest, anise etc. when they are like that, the leave Cohiba and Trinidad in the dust.

Hats off to @El Presidente for picking out Brioche,  I great addition as to how to accurately pick these cigars, and very fitting to their French heritage

• Like 2

Smoked a Rott QDO CC yesterday,   My first of the newly banded cigars.   I have two old boxes sleeping (wish i had more).  The cigar was very interesting.   I've only ever smoked QDOCC with 2-4 years on them.   This was a bit of a revelation.   Really enjoyed the cigars.   It had a lot of Punch elements going on.  Juicyfruit gum, cloves, pencil shavings etc etc.  it also had a little PLMC like a mix of burnt caramel, and new car leather.    There was a glimpse of the cream, and toasted oat porridge to come, but this cigar was all over the shop (in a good way).   I hope they do calm down, as the QDOCC of 2015-26 are close to my perfect cigar.   
To me the apex or zenith of where you want a QDOCC to be, is when it's like creamy toasted oat porridge, resinous cedar, orange zest, anise etc. when they are like that, the leave Cohiba and Trinidad in the dust.
Hats off to [mention=4]El Presidente[/mention] for picking out Brioche,  I great addition as to how to accurately pick these cigars, and very fitting to their French heritage

Interesting, I’ll give them a few more months and try another but plan to put one of the boxes away for the long term.

7 minutes ago, LLC said:

Interesting, I’ll give them a few more months and try another but plan to put one of the boxes away for the long term.

Yep I'm only smoking these freshies as I want more age on my 15/16s. Like a messed up back to front rotation. I just miss them too much to wait