• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

Trinidad Robustos Extra OUS Sep 2009

I have been fortunate enough to share some exquisite cigars over the years with Trevor Leask, the founder of Cuban Cigar Website. Today's cigar, the discontinued Trinidad Robustos Extra (since 2012), was without doubt amongst those reputable cigars.

Now that I have smoked a few of these since calling them from long-term rest from my locker, I can assert that this cigar reminds me of what the Cohiba Siglo VI is to the Cohiba marca, a peak vitola amongst others within a premium marca.

Unlike my last Robustos Extra, this had no salt in it whatsoever. This was all butter and cream, smooth, mild and was possibly the most receptive cigar I've ever had to retrohaling, I barely registered a tingle through my nose until halfway through the final third. In contrast to recent Trinidad from 2016 onwards, which I've found more prevalent in coffee and dough flavours, the cedar, leather and grass/hay flavours accompanying the strong butter and cream flavours was very much in the background, but indicative of Trinidad blends from that era around the turn of the decade.

After smoking a few of these and the recent LCDH release, the La Trova, I do feel that the La Trova is similar release to the Robustos Extra, especially in its butter texture. As this cigar was a tad over ten years old upon smoking it, I'm now inclined to let a few of my La Trova sticks age to see how they develop. If they come close to replicating this Robustos Extra today, the patience required will be well worth it.

Nice review!  These were my favorite cigars.  After smoking the double robustos in the Trinidad Farmhouse Humidor, I had to try these when they first came out, and I was immediately in love.  I have always wondered why they discontinued them.  It is not like they weren’t selling well.  I really wish they would bring them back.  I like the La Trovas in their own right, but they don't taste the same to me.  The flavors in the La Trova are darker in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, lovethehaze said:

RUM ABR 18. Surprisingly sweet and creamy after the wood overload 

B7EE5345-CC3D-460E-8621-B957D3237DF7.thumb.jpeg.41891602655a69d049929f9cda03bba0.jpeg

Yep, my recent ones have been classic Sancho driftwood, but with the addition of super sweet malty milkshake.........some of the most overdelivering cigars i've had in a long time. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CampDelta369 said:

Morning PLMC PSP LGR OCT 18. Wonderful 

01E84AE2-4A20-46D4-888E-EFC81A342FFE.jpeg

Ahhh nice. From the August 24:24?

I picked up a box with the same code.

I find dry boxing helps, as they are tight...But boy are they tasty!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

Ahhh nice. From the August 24:24?

I picked up a box with the same code.

I find dry boxing helps, as they are tight...But boy are they tasty!

Yes 24:24, I will try dry boxing next one since I agree they are firm tight draw but the smoke output is exceptional. I am hesitant to ram the PD into this small RG. 

2 hours ago, CampDelta369 said:

Yes 24:24, I will try dry boxing next one since I agree they are firm tight draw but the smoke output is exceptional. I am hesitant to ram the PD into this small RG. 

I agree. I haven't subjected a PLMC to a PD.

The first I struggled through. The next two I dry boxed. Gonna give the rest of the box a rest for at least 6 months or so. Try back next year ;)

• Like 2