• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

4 hours ago, crking3 said:

What do you mean by “actually smokable” bad flavor, bad burn ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, should’ve been more specific. Many of the cigars in the box are rolled so tight you can’t get ANY air to draw through them. I have to butcher them with a perfecdraw to get even a small airway worked through the cigar. 

1570289691_2019-10-2006_38_16.jpg.320e4570a0c8ede09e6ca7dae6be84cb.jpg
Juan López Selección No.2 MEL Dic 2016
I acquired this box around the turn of the New Year in 2019, had four and liked none, the most recent being in February, May and July this year, and figured I should give this box another try. Today's review is a testament to the wise adage that resting cigars is helpful in melding flavours and diminishing harshness or strength.
The previous Juan Lopez Seleccion No.2's mentioned above were very much dominant in toasted tobacco which didn't allow the chocolate and/or citrus characteristics to shine in those cigars. Today's cigar was all chocolate and orange from beginning to end, underscored by a coffee and oak spine. It was simply brilliant, which made me elated because I didn't figure I'd get one from the box as good as this in 2019, at least.
I can now see myself have at least a few more to see how they are around the three-year mark in December this year.

I have the same box code and same experience as you. I was ready to toss the box, they were ugly and all burnt tobacco. Last few I had were enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1