• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

17 hours ago, JohnS said:

513886895_2020-03-0814_38_38.jpg.b38fc9e3e041e2faca73cb9d97893e8a.jpg

La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No.2 MUR Abr 2013

I never thought that I would have a La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No.2 after its discontinuation in 2014 so I do need to acknowledge Alex Groom, the proprietor of Cuban Cigar Website, for gifting this to me to smoke. Throughout 2019 I've had a 2009 La Gloria Cubana Tainos which I've enjoyed and shared with dear friends so it was nice to have this Dalias-sized cigar to compare to the Churchill-sized Tainos.

In regards to the Medaille d'Or No.2 vitola, only the Partagas 8-9-8 and Cohiba Siglo V in regular production share its size. Gone are the Ramon Allones 8-9-8, Bolivar Inmensas, Partagas de Partagas No.1 and Seleccion Privada No.1 and the La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No.2 itself since the early-2000s. How did it compare to an aged Tainos? Simply speaking, this Medaille d'Or no.2 was more fruity and earthy, the Tainos has been more 'cake-like' for me in texture. Both shared some floral notes, nuttiness and creaminess (at times) which necessitated nubbing this to the very end.

If only some Regional distributor was willing to bring this out as Regional release, like the 2014 German Ramon Allones 8-9-8. Wouldn't that be nice? Yes, the thought alone is nice indeed!

Very nice review here, thanks for sharing!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Monocle said:

Alex’s Prince. One of the most visually appealing cigars I’ve owned between the gorgeous Colorado Maduro wrapper and shaggy foot. Just not a big fan of rgs >50. Not sure where this comes in but I’m guessing 54-56. 

7844E785-C377-45D8-B400-22E37FCA0D18.jpeg

22BE812F-0869-45BC-88E8-5458AB2EB784.jpeg

Love a good shaggy foot and Alex does it as well as anyone.  I'm with you on the larger ring gauges btw.  

• Like 2