• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

3 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Nice! How are they smoking? Waiting on a few boxes from 24:24 myself right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 90 days. Thought I give it try. Hints of sweetness & spice during the 1st & 2nd thirds. Last third had some harshness, can't blame a young cigar for that.  Will sample again in 6 months time or maybe longer. 

Stay Safe Always.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, djrey said:

Illusione 88 today. Along with a “Cuban ash”

2F2E82EC-F5B1-4078-80F1-5A8D20F79DF2.jpeg

How do you compare that to the 88 maduro? Haven’t tried the non maduro version yet.

45 minutes ago, MigsG said:

How do you compare that to the 88 maduro? Haven’t tried the non maduro version yet.

Actually have not had it. The only Maduro I have much experience with is Padron. However being Aganorsa leaf I’m sure it’s pretty good! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JohnS said:

607022020_2020-04-1311_35_06.jpg.a6a41f0396c4c1ff9d9b720efdbee961.jpg

Por Larrañaga Montecarlos LGR Oct 2017

What more can one say when you encounter a box that continually 'hits the mark', so-to-speak? Like a gift that keeps on giving, you wonder, "surely this must come to an end?". Perhaps when the box runs out and you have to buy another?

This LGR Oct 2017 would have to represent the best return for investment in my entire inventory. Each stick cost me just under $US3 a stick and the satisfaction these cigars have afforded me have easily been the equal in value to some much more esteemed (and indeed expensive) cigars in my humidor.

So what is it that satisfies so with the Por Larranaga Montecarlos box? I think it's the balance of sweet flavours such as caramel and honey with the underlying base flavours such as toast and wood. It seems so uncannily consistent that when I have one that has those flavours dominate more than the other, I still seem satisfied.

There's one last thing I need to mention. These sticks usually come in pale, dry wrappers with little to no sheen. They are often  'vein-y' or resemble a dry twig. The ash will never win a slow-smoking or long-ash competition. But one thing I know, they hold their own against some other much-heralded Habanos cigars. And it is this fact alone which I find most 'satisfying'!

Couldn't agree with you more John!! Undoubtedly my star consistent stick in the past 18 months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, havanaclub said:

MUP SEP 18 Isla These are excellent cigars, medium -full, tons of flavour and this one is burning phenomenally. Anyone here tried this and the new punch petit punch? Are they similar?

I enjoy those Isla's a lot as well.  Even for a young cigar IMO it shows promise.  Are you referring to the Short de Punch? Petit Punch has been discontinued completely since 2009 (if I am not mistaken according to CCW).  If you are referring to the new Punch Short de Punch that's just came out last year, look at the post right above your La Isla pictures.  I asked the same thing just before you to Raskol who was smoking one.  

I've heard mixed things about this cigar so far.  Most people say its pleasant but no one I've heard says its a "dog rocket" especially for something so young.  I scored the two box deal when they first went up a couple weeks ago on 24:24 and am eagerly awaiting their arrival.  Unfortunately, I think I'll try one after a short acclimation period and forget about them for a bit.  

16 hours ago, Mcoad said:

First nice weekend in Calgary... decided to celebrate by taking 2 flex days thus extending the long weekend from 3 to 5 days... and, of course I’ll kick things off with a Zacapa and Punch Punch courtesy of our host.

F4B86D75-A919-420F-94BE-9EDD09A37C46.jpeg

Interesting little book there.  What is it? Is that a notebook for all of your smoking notes?   I just use a little spiral ring notebook but its getting a bit full and the spiral is starting to wear down.  Looking into something a little better for my tasting notes.  

16 hours ago, Toasty said:

trying my first Siglo 6, Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial, H.Upmann Mag 54 and Opus X perfection X.

Bringing some heat here!  Nice smokes brother. Sounds like a very nice day.  

• Like 1