• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

On 5/15/2020 at 9:58 PM, JohnS said:

1421375257_2020-04-1316_10_03.jpg.ba2c038704a5d0f4ef6f1de5461b3ad1.jpg

Juan López Selección No.2 MEL Dic 2016

There was an insightful poll conducted on our forum in 2019 in regards to which marca members find the most inconsistent. The three marcas that 'topped' the poll were Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta and Punch. The Juan Lopez marca represents one of my most inconsistent marcas, but not for reasons of satisfaction or disappointment. Rather, I tend to find these either are too strong and overwhelm my palate or are finely-balanced, have pleasant and 'soft' flavours and in terms of smoking value, they can 'punch above their weight', colloquially speaking.

I acquired this box around the turn of the New Year in 2019, had four and liked none, the most recent being in February, May and July last year. The last one I had around six months had diminished in those stronger flavours and I really enjoyed it so I decided to give this box another try today.

This Juan Lopez Seleccion No.2 was very much dominant in toasted tobacco which didn't allow the chocolate and/or citrus characteristics to shine. The previous one from this box was all chocolate and orange from beginning to end, underscored by a coffee and oak spine. It was simply brilliant, which made me elated because I didn't figure I'd get one from the box as good as this in 2019, at least.

I think I give this another six months and see how they are around the four-year mark in December this year.

I have the same box code and felt the same thing as you with being disappointed smoking my first one last year. I'll have to revisited this cigar and will see if I like it better like you. Did you dry box this cigar before smoking it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

I have the same box code and felt the same thing as you with being disappointed smoking my first one last year. I'll have to revisited this cigar and will see if I like it better like you. Did you dry box this cigar before smoking it?

No I didn't, although I'm likely to do it next time at your suggestion. Thanks! ?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Chucko8 said:

Trying out the BRO Jul 19 box of these with some bro’s 

AE1AF1FE-7CBF-4AAC-BC79-D77FF6352FE0.jpeg.320cdf6aeba89f4cda5d8470d56961cb.jpeg

How was it? I have the same box code but have not fired one up yet. I keep hearing "very good but needs more downtime." 

• Like 4