• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

5 hours ago, CampDelta369 said:

I do hate when the skinny is plugged but it happens. The backup hitter is all pro BPC circa 2019. These have been fantastic.

14BDD65F-CA36-4DFF-A265-40469DC31C9A.jpeg

Glad the backup was good!

a Perfecdraw would likely help with that skinny.  Gotta take your time and be careful (since you have so little room for error with such a small RG), but since you’re chucking it anyway, there would be no real risk.

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

If storage conditions are stable, and more importantly, you haven't noticed a change in your other cigars in your humidor, then the most plausible reason for what's occurred is due to blend change over time. The flavours you adored in the first few years have mellowed and other flavours have now become more dominant. This is how it can be with aging your stock.

I'm not familiar with that specific box code so I welcome other members' input. I can tell you that you can bide your time and wait for the cigars to develop further. It's possible that these El Rey del Mundo Choix Supremes will 'turn' again and they can become more palatable. If I were you I'd come back to them in 12 to 24 months, maybe smoke other ERdM CS in the meantime. After all, recent examples (on 24:24) has been excellent.

I appreciate your input @JohnS, thx :) it’s stored in one of my smaller humidors, so not one i smoke from often. But i did recently smoke a H. Upmann Connoisseur No. 1 from 2011 smoke quite well as I seem to remember. I’ll try something else from that humidor hopefully during this weekend and see how it goes. Also I have a ERDM CS box from 2018 I believe. I should give that one a try as well for comparison. But yeah I hope the will turn around with time. Mental note to self is to let them rest for at least a year as you suggest. Probably leaning more towards 2 years.

And oh would definitely buy another box but I’m running rally low on storage space at the moment :D I know if I set up another cooler I will fill it up in no time. It never ends.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DBNInc said:

Glad the backup was good!

a Perfecdraw would likely help with that skinny.  Gotta take your time and be careful (since you have so little room for error with such a small RG), but since you’re chucking it anyway, there would be no real risk.

Agreed. I have tried the PD on the PLMC before and blew it apart. Such a small ring gauge to work with, it just cracks the wrapper. Probably more patience required. 

• Like 1