FOH'ers Daily Smoke

27 minutes ago, JohnS said:

1602322997_2020-07-2614_20_19.jpg.eeb79322467a102b6937747c9d29c30d.jpg

Cohiba Medio Siglo TPO Jun 2019

I always find it difficult to smoke a Habanos cigar on a wet day.

John, ever pull out an NC for those rainy days? I find they smoke much better.  Some good ones out there. ?

• Like 1

• Replies 88k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

6 minutes ago, MigsG said:

John, ever pull out an NC for those rainy days? I find they smoke much better.  Some good ones out there. ?

Yes, I think you're right. The last time I did (a Nudies N3 Carlota) and it was great in comparison! ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnS said:

Yes, I think you're right. The last time I did (a Nudies N3 Carlota) and it was great in comparison! ?

Haha, nice. Hear this year’s release will be even better.

• Like 1

How's that latest RA EL? Was it great as any regular production RAs?

Here were my final impressions:

This has good potential. Nice level of complexity within the flavour profile. Easy to smoke, nice strength level and no harshness, despite its youth. Glimpses of the Ramon Allones profile are apparent however, needs time to integrate and find the balance between savoury and sweet flavour notes. Will benefit from time in slumber to come together. Has the pedigree to evolve into something special. Will acquire when available at a decent price. Worth seeking out.

Full review here: https://thedirtyashes.wordpress.com/2020/09/02/2019-edicion-limitada-ramon-allones-allones-no-2/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, maverickdrinker said:

Here were my final impressions:

This has good potential. Nice level of complexity within the flavour profile. Easy to smoke, nice strength level and no harshness, despite its youth. Glimpses of the Ramon Allones profile are apparent however, needs time to integrate and find the balance between savoury and sweet flavour notes. Will benefit from time in slumber to come together. Has the pedigree to evolve into something special. Will acquire when available at a decent price. Worth seeking out.

Full review here: https://thedirtyashes.wordpress.com/2020/09/02/2019-edicion-limitada-ramon-allones-allones-no-2/

Thanks buddy! It sounds like promising EL from Ramon Allones ?

Had a couple tasty Cubans this week:
HUPC gifted by [mention=32986]lovethehaze[/mention], thanks bro! So good, so good.
F0F12E77-6BEB-438A-969B-31771F550E52.jpeg.a28c4d3ca38a4bbfbb2e20a799ea0040.jpeg

Yesterday an ‘18 BRC tubo, was fantastic with some blended scotch. And so different from a year ago. 
3632F62C-60EE-4229-BFC0-74959BD43360.jpeg.cd8ea2c7c4297b47ad84ae3e6dc0b38d.jpeg

‘18 Partagas Maduro No. 1 last weekend, a real treat.
B87DD963-F108-4072-A476-0AEF55C84B5D.jpeg.445b75db2cd63268f854ae23cd639e5b.jpeg

Those r smoking good from now until the end of time .... if u can find em

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lovethehaze said:

Great flavors for its youth right ?

Yes. Down to my knuckle with perfect burn, no heat, bold flavors. Damn impressive. Could be the best construction on this size vitola. Trinidad sets the bar high.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Partmonte said:

A La Fuerza. Personally, needed to sit a little more. Will re-visit in 6 months73d7b2ba7d498477c673bbd32ffb0bf4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Same thing happened with a box of them for me. First year they were very mediocre, and the last one I had was spectacular! I think dry boxing definitely helped. 

28 minutes ago, JohnS said:

The last Montecristo No.2 from this 2015 box I had was in December 2019. That cigar was more towards medium in strength and body. It was much stronger in cocoa and coffee flavours than my last light-wrappered GOS Ago 2018 Monte No.2 I had around three months ago, although it had no leather or nut to it and cream was minimal. What it did have was a hint of that Montecristo citrus twang which I quite adore, but alas, it was only a hint, in comparison my light-wrappered 2018 Monte 2 examples have been more citrus-laden.

This darker-wrappered Montecristo No.2 has seemingly 'turned a corner' around the five year-mark. The coffee and cocoa flavours have now receded into the background and that distinctive 'citrus twang' has come out much more to the fore. There was no leather, nuttiness or creaminess to this cigar, however the citrus twang made it quite appealing to my senses.

In conclusion, I've had to wait five years to acknowledge that this Monte 2 has been the best one from the box thus far. I suppose that's a long time to wait, but I only 'cracked' the box open two years ago. (It's a) Pity I only have two cigars from this box left!

My experiences with Montecristo has been very limited.  I've had like 10 or so petite no 2 over the last 2 months, and I get the general flavors that many have talk about such as milk chocolate and some coffee.  A month ago I tried a petite edmundo rott and pretty much get the same flavor.  I stuck the box in my wineador at at 61% rh and been trying it once a week or so.  Each one I smoke seem to get less of that rich dark coffee and chocolate flavor and the one I tried yesterday I can taste that citrus peel.  I'm sitting there thinking to myself am i tasting things lol or is this citrus part of the montecristo profile.  I'm glad to hear that I'm not imagining things.  

• Like 1