• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Since on holidays for the week and not going anywhere, picked away at Cigar Lounge the last few days. Got smoke evac system in(only had parts for over a year...lol), and put wood cladding over the foundation/insulation around the edges. Looks much more like a lounge and not a garage now. Epoxy coat for the floor this spring...Time for a siiigar now!! CORO BUP Oct 19
20201110_201530.jpg.ab728b7559f669af61b39f03e8e70c51.jpg
20201110_200943.jpg.5641558d77b293714e1caa6d450e6eaa.jpg
20201031_120855.thumb.jpg.8c54c760856b97be5a86d12550f07fb1.jpg

Looks great. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Upmann anejados. Disaster today - opened one of my (little used) desktop humidors to find it completely infested with beetles. No idea where they came from, all the cigars have been in there for more than a year, and had not displayed any issues prior to going into that humidor. No new stock has gone in for a long time. 

Might they have been inactive while in the previous storage but became active now? 

Will isolate sticks, freeze, and smoke over the following days. Luckily for me it's only around 30-40 sticks, and nothing expensive - monte 2s, rass, few more of these upmanns, party mad 1s, and 2x3 culebras. Try to expose the emptied humidor to sunshine as well. 

Any thoughts?

PXL_20201111_140208165.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 14

3 hours ago, Meklown said:

Upmann anejados. Disaster today - opened one of my (little used) desktop humidors to find it completely infested with beetles. No idea where they came from, all the cigars have been in there for more than a year, and had not displayed any issues prior to going into that humidor. No new stock has gone in for a long time. 

Might they have been inactive while in the previous storage but became active now? 

Will isolate sticks, freeze, and smoke over the following days. Luckily for me it's only around 30-40 sticks, and nothing expensive - monte 2s, rass, few more of these upmanns, party mad 1s, and 2x3 culebras. Try to expose the emptied humidor to sunshine as well. 

Any thoughts?

PXL_20201111_140208165.jpg

Sorry to hear this.  I’d Chuck everything as it’s too risky and probably already contaminated.  I’d sterilize that humidor with rubbing alcohol to kill any eggs, let that completely dry for a couple weeks for the alcohol to dissipate with lid open, then wipe it down with distilled water, let it dry again, and then I’d restart the prepping/seasoning process.    

Im going to guess you got some NCs in that humidor?  Or sticks direct from Cuba?  At some point it got too hot in that box, maybe the angle of the sun this time of year was shining on it?

This is why I freeze everything upon arrival, I’m terrified of this happening.  No matter who it’s from, Prez, other online vendors, or an LCDH.  Day in fridge unwrapped, at least 2 days at 0 F usually wrapped and taped in ziplock or clingwrap with as much air removed, another day in fridge unwrapped, then into my humi.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

How was that IV? I can imagine it might’ve been quite strong with that darker wrapper ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was one of the better ones I have smoked from the box.  Though the whole box was relatively dark, so I don't think the wrapper made the difference.  It was medium bodied, as most Cohibas are.  I place flavor over strength, and this one was definitely full flavored.

• Like 2