• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

5 hours ago, JohnS said:

Today is Sunday in my part of the world and apologies in advance however I will be taking a day off from posting up a mini-review. Aah, the joys of taking a sabbath rest, it worked for Eric Liddell (see Chariots of Fire), most businesses in the western world until the late 20th century and yes, even GOD! ? ?. For all the keen fans of golf and the exciting 2020 US Masters coverage, did you know that the Old Course at St Andrews has a sabbath-rest on Sundays? Yes, no golf is played on Sundays as it's a public course and open to residents to enjoy as a park! (There are some exceptions, like when the course hosts a tournament).

For those of you keen for tomorrow's 4th round I believe Ian Baker-Finch (former Australian PGA golfer and current commentator) stated at the end of play today that the winner of the Masters has come from the top 5 leaders after the third round for the past thirty years. If trends continue, that would mean tomorrow's winner would be amongst the gentlemen listed below...

1 - Dustin Johnson (USA)   -16  65,70,65 -- 200

T2 - Cameron Smith (AUS) -12  67,68,69 -- 204

T2 - Abraham Ancer (MEX) -12 68,67,69 -- 204

T2 - Sungjae Im (ROK)       -12  66,70,68 -- 204

5 - Dylan Frittelli (RSA)       -11  65,73,67 -- 205

Back with a review tomorrow!

I’ve had a couple very memorable Sunday’s walking The Old. I love that they have kept tradition all these years.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 12:36 PM, mprach024 said:

91C94D45-FB44-4F95-A961-E0DCF5AC650C.jpeg.eb330bd5f704bce96b749e4f6bcc702c.jpeg

Love your setup, and nice view too!  Where’d you get the table?

On 11/11/2020 at 9:12 AM, Meklown said:

Upmann anejados. Disaster today - opened one of my (little used) desktop humidors to find it completely infested with beetles. No idea where they came from, all the cigars have been in there for more than a year, and had not displayed any issues prior to going into that humidor. No new stock has gone in for a long time. 

Might they have been inactive while in the previous storage but became active now? 

Will isolate sticks, freeze, and smoke over the following days. Luckily for me it's only around 30-40 sticks, and nothing expensive - monte 2s, rass, few more of these upmanns, party mad 1s, and 2x3 culebras. Try to expose the emptied humidor to sunshine as well. 

Any thoughts?

Did you find live beetles, or some sticks with damage?  It’s possible the eggs were dormant and woke up when the humidor warmed up enough.  Also possible that the beetles came from outside the humidor, maybe they’re somewhere in your environment, or they came from a different humidor/box.  Check any other humidors or boxes you have.

I would just put the entire humidor, cigars and all, in the freezer for a week.  That’ll kill whatever is in there.

9 hours ago, DBNInc said:

Did you find live beetles, or some sticks with damage?  It’s possible the eggs were dormant and woke up when the humidor warmed up enough.  Also possible that the beetles came from outside the humidor, maybe they’re somewhere in your environment, or they came from a different humidor/box.  Check any other humidors or boxes you have.

I would just put the entire humidor, cigars and all, in the freezer for a week.  That’ll kill whatever is in there.

I currently suspect it's a case of warming up allowing the eggs to hatch. No signs of anything in all other humidors thankfully! 

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

1301624711_2020-11-0422_49_35.jpg.b3b142a2a31d691147702c9cfd6dd6b3.jpg

Por Larrañaga Petit Coronas EML Abr 2014

I was able to smoke this aged Por Larranaga Petit Corona due to an anonymous benefactor who gifted it to me. (Thank you kindly- you know who you are!) I can tell you that the box code was a reputed one for 2014. How did it smoke?

I can tell you that in comparison to recent 2019 Por Larranaga Petit Coronas I've had, this was no better or worse, it was just different. It certainly had more caramel, but with it there was some honey, some muted toasted tobacco and the hint of baking spice on the edges.

I appreciated where this cigar is in its journey to this point but I know that this will build in caramel and baking spice notes even more with further time down. How long? If it were my box, I was consider another two years at least.

I’ve just bought a box with this code and year. Can’t wait to try one! These have become favourites of mine; don’t think I’d ever have tried them were it not for this forum!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shatner's Bassoon said:

I’ve just bought a box with this code and year. Can’t wait to try one! These have become favourites of mine; don’t think I’d ever have tried them were it not for this forum!

You've picked up Por Larranaga Petit Coronas with six-and-a-half years age on them? That sounds just perfect! 

• Like 2