• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

1 hour ago, VKUTT said:

Today is the 1st day that its been much above 0°F degrees in Denver...a DC?? NOPE! ??

May I ask the date on the Boli? 

VKUTT?

First out of a MSU SEP 19 box.

But I had a quarter box of MSU ENE 20 before that too.

Edit: I think the coldest we hit was 1F, still feeling tropical over here ?

Edit 2: Meanwhile all the warm places are getting snow, I keep seeing Texas is all snowed in, and they got snow in Athens in Greece, I just got pictures of an orange tree with fruit covered in snow, from someone I know over there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trapper99 said:

My first CC ever. A Monte 4 in a still starlit 13* Ohio night. The first half was wonderful, no bite or pepper at all, but then I was fighting burn issues and the cigar would go out super easy then got bitter after relight and having to smoke it faster. I am assuming this was from the cold. Can’t wait for spring!!

49C0CF01-469C-46E7-BDC3-35BB809C5F0A.jpeg

Welcome to the world of CCs! The cold sucks, but it doesn't necessarily cause burn issues. Burn issues will be mainly due to humidity of the cigar (generally too high), humidity where you are smoking (funny enough less of a problem in the cold), and construction of the cigar (something you can't do much about).

What is your storage humidity? You want to be maybe 62%-68%, and people on this forum will say 62-65%. Non Cuban cigars are generally stored higher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Bijan said:

Welcome to the world of CCs! The cold sucks, but it doesn't necessarily cause burn issues. Burn issues will be mainly due to humidity of the cigar (generally too high), humidity where you are smoking (funny enough less of a problem in the cold), and construction of the cigar (something you can't do much about).

What is your storage humidity? You want to be maybe 62%-68%, and people on this forum will say 62-65%. Non Cuban cigars are generally stored higher.

Thanks for the feedback! These just came off the truck about 5 days ago, and were shipped with a 69 boveda. When the were delivered, I switched them to a small cooler with a 65 boveda. I couldn’t wait any longer and had to try one!

I do have a sensor push on order for setting up a larger coolider for a few months till I get cabinet set up in new home.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Trapper99 said:

Thanks for the feedback! These just came off the truck about 5 days ago, and were shipped with a 69 boveda. When the were delivered, I switched them to a small cooler with a 65 boveda. I couldn’t wait any longer and had to try one!

I do have a sensor push on order for setting up a larger coolider for a few months till I get cabinet set up in new home.

A lot of vendors store at 69% and ship with 69% boveda. I find they're often ok right off the truck but they can be too humid. You'll need 30+ days to fix it through proper storage. But I can't blame you for smoking some sooner :)

• Like 1

A lot of vendors store at 69% and ship with 69% boveda. I find they're often ok right off the truck but they can be too humid. You'll need 30+ days to fix it through proper storage. But I can't blame you for smoking some sooner

I could not agree more. As I stay in hotels since last October,I store all my cigars with 69% boveda in a sealed plastic bag.
Recently I found all my cigars went off easily. I leave the cigars in ambient conditions (24 degree 52% humidity) for 20-30 minutes. It generally gets better.
Some of my friends told me this is called decant a cigar, whatever.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
  • Like 2