• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

6 hours ago, Bijan said:

Hoyo epi 1

Some fruit maybe raspberry @Kaptain Karl.

With wood and cream. But not the good quality cream but the kind of fake/ersatz cream in Fonsecas or Palmas Extra (lacked the creamy texture/mouth feel). Probably needs more aging. Was heavyweight and didn't use perfecdraw until quite late so draw was too tight. I'm going to smoke another one and let the rest sit for a while.

20210220_022618_HDR.jpg

Completely agree with you with the cream. That flavor was very milk like instead of heavy cream. Mine have the darkest wrappers I’ve seen on a Epicure 1, which is why I think the first 2 I smoked were so heavy on that fantastic cocoa/berry profile. The last one I smoked had a bit lighter of a wrapper and consequently had far less cocoa/berry. Part of me wants to age these for 5 more years to see how amazing they’ll get, the other part knows that’ll be impossible if that cocoa/raspberry flavor keeps showing itself in spades! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

RyJ ex 4. Aug 18. Been some discussion on these lately so dug one out. Glad I did. These smoke well above their price point IMHO.  And the odd thing is I don’t like a lot of this Marca

I have the same ABO Ago 18 box code you have and mine have been excellent too.

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Solid BRE NOV 18 Connie 1. First third was spectacular, the rest was good!

So good to hear, as your H.Upmann Connoisseur No.1 is from the notorious last quarter (Oct to Dec) of 2018, i.e prone to contain unfermented leaf. As you know, I have a box from this period and I'm glad we've both 'dodged a bullet', so-to-speak.

• Like 3

On 2/16/2021 at 11:52 PM, StogieSteve23 said:

SOM-DIC-16 RG88: Way better than most people have said.  Nutty and floral with perfect construction/draw. 

You know, I had a good one of these last week too. Most of the box have been really bland, but this one was fragrant and enjoyable even if very mild - and construction was perfect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

I have the same ABO Ago 18 box code you have and mine have been excellent too.

So good to hear, as your H.Upmann Connoisseur No.1 is from the notorious last quarter (Oct to Dec) of 2018, i.e prone to contain unfermented leaf. As you know, I have a box from this period and I'm glad we've both 'dodged a bullet', so-to-speak.

Im with you both.  Always glad to see good experiences on the BRE NOV 18.  I’ve had a couple that were very good

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Super Corona

image.png.bd4fef9acc716f8ff0c4b15b2dac31d1.png

A pale shadow of the long lost original Upmann....

I totally agree. 
The H.Upmann Super Coronas were and still are my ultimate all time favorite Cigar. The flavor, strength, and size absolutely perfect for me. 
it was such a travesty that Habanos chose to discontinued years ago.
The H. Upmann Magnum 46 pale in comparison to the H. Upmann Super Coronas. 

• Like 2