FOH'ers Daily Smoke

A gifted Monsdale from [mention=21506]torsion[/mention] this evening.  Smoking really well after a fairly soft opening.  It deals well with being treated gently!

Monsdale.jpg.cfe034aec006bfd84037ad827c25cdce.jpg

What amp is that? Love the chicken heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 87.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

5 hours ago, nino said:

@Kaptain Karl - LOL good one mein Kapitän ?
Now - can you explain to me what OG boss is ... please, I have no clue even after using Google... ?

BTW I was smoking a PLPC as well, LGR 18, never fails.

Haha! Basically means a bad ass older guy. It’s street slang of respect. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:

I'm sure the "streets" would welcome your new look with open arms ?

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, CampDelta369 said:
RYJ Churchill with a crazy sideways burn. No matter. What a blend. 

why im getting fantastic floral notes on this start i have no idea. The mighty MC#5. Fantastic. These maybe the 2016 batch our host put up a few months back.

How are the RyJ Churchills? Haven't ever had one due to the cost, but here they are supposed to be the quintessential Cuban churchill.
Finally ordered a couple last month but haven't tried one yet.

14 hours ago, Meklown said:
Stand arrived couple of hours ago and I had to take it out immediately. Thanks FOH you guys are brilliant
QdO 50 with a coffee

How are the QDO 50's?
Haven't ever had any QDO's as my vendor is always out of stock, and seems to be the case for most vendors.
Plan to pick up a few next month if I can find them in stock somewhere

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chibearsv said:

I'm sure the "streets" would welcome your new look with open arms ?

I claim absolutely no right to use that term ??? I’m as “white privileged” as they come ???‍♂️

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, smbauerllc said:

How are the QDO 50's?
Haven't ever had any QDO's as my vendor is always out of stock, and seems to be the case for most vendors.
Plan to pick up a few next month if I can find them in stock somewhere

Have only had a box (10) so far but they have been excellent. Honey, bread, light touch of coffee and maybe a little citrus would be my key tasting notes. The one today had a peculiar touch of umami but peculiar in a good way. 

I bought these off 24:24 earlier this year so you may want to pretype some emails ?

Have only had a box (10) so far but they have been excellent. Honey, bread, light touch of coffee and maybe a little citrus would be my key tasting notes. The one today had a peculiar touch of umami but peculiar in a good way. 
I bought these off 24:24 earlier this year so you may want to pretype some emails 
Thanks for the info.
I will have to keep the 24:24 in mind as these go out of stock with my vendor quickly.
I found a new vendor recently that i plan to try out soon, that also carries them in singles. They are currently out of stock too, but hopefully will get some towards the end of the month when I plan to make an order

3 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

OK, thanks, nice to know ( even if it doesn't get me the jab earlier ... )

Funny : In Cuba an old guy is called a "Puro" which is confusing to me as it means a cigar in Castilian Spanish ( cigar in Cuban Spanish is a "Tabaco" ... ?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, havanaclub said:

How are the trova coming along?

Very good.  This is my 2nd one out of a MAY 2019 box, and there is a notable difference since I smoked the last one, about 6 months ago. That one was good.  This one was very good.  Hoping the next one is great.

22 hours ago, nino said:

Got it now, the movie is "Trading Places" and I can't stop laughing at Eddy Murphy's & Dan's  show plus a fantastic Jamie Lee Curtis.

Try and watch it if you can, great movie !

As for Oliver Kahn - some similarity is there ?

Dank Uw well @DanWil84 agree with you re: jabs - stay safe and tot ziens !

One of my favorite childhood movies.  When I was a teenager, I wanted to be a commodities trader because of this movie.  To this day, I think I could probably still recite every line verbatim.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mprach024 said:

?

Now I get it now!  
lol

i was like, bro that’s Ray Charles

Don't mention Ray Charles around Ken .... ;) 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SigmundChurchill said:

What a day to get out of work early!  It's gotta be around 60 degrees (Fahrenheit).  I would be on the golf course today if it wasn't still covered with melting snow.  But this aint so bad either.

Siglo VI

Same here, I'm going to try to tip-toe out of the office for a stogie in the driveway in the sunlight.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:
Monte 1. Started off great...then poor construction ruined it. Unfortunately this is one of my few boxes that have been filled with duds...hoping my 2020 box that’s on its way is far better!

Thats too bad that it had issues.
I smoke a lot of all different Montecristos and haven't had any issues at all yet thankfully.

13 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

Thats too bad that it had issues.
I smoke a lot of all different Montecristos and haven't had any issues at all yet thankfully.

They are a bit hit and miss unfortunately! This one has a bit over 2 years...could just be it’s one of those boxes that needs 3-5 years. I stopped smoking my 2018 898’s cuz they went from great to meh. So much of the recent stock is  smoking so well young I’m probably being a bit hard headed on the boxes that do need more time. However my least favorite box of Monte 4’s I had was a 2015 box...so more time isn’t a 100% solution! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoliDan said:

Huh, interesting. I always heard it used to specify a cigar that filler, wrapper, and binder were sourced 100% the same region.

Correct - that is also the meaning of "Puro", which makes it a bit more confusing, but the main meaning in Spain of Puro is : Cigar.