• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

3 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

My "smoking lounge" is running out of room for me.  We are remodeling our master bath, so the garage is filled with tiles and a big soaking tub.

It is always challenging to pick a birthday cigar.  It is a birthday, so I dont want to smoke something that I smoke all the time.  At the same time, it is not a major birthday, so I don't want to smoke anything too rare or special.  

This UAO SEP 17, Talisman seemed appropriate.

Happy Birthday!! Seems like a great cigar for the occasion. Enjoy! 🥳

• Thanks 1

My "smoking lounge" is running out of room for me.  We are remodeling our master bath, so the garage is filled with tiles and a big soaking tub.

It is always challenging to pick a birthday cigar.  It is a birthday, so I dont want to smoke something that I smoke all the time.  At the same time, it is not a major birthday, so I don't want to smoke anything too rare or special.  

Happy Birthday 🎉🎈🎂🎁 :party:

• Thanks 1

Happy Birthday ! Good choice for birthday smoke:cigar:

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Happy Birthday! 

I can sympathize with your remodeling issues.  We just finished remodeling our entire house and the contractors were pissed that I wouldn't let them use all the space in the garage.  I had to carve out my own area and told them it was off limits to them.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Gotta love the green bin table emoji6.png works well for me too.
Btw so pumped about the baseball season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep works great in the garage. Was in the balcony this morning in the sun; much more civilized 😂. Looking forward to the baseball season and getting back in the deck to watt with a cigar. 

• Like 1

Happy birthday!
I wish I can have a garage to smoke in it.
Haven’t tried talisman yet, how is it?

4 hours ago, smbauerllc said:
Love the Maduro Secretos.
Just too pricey for me.
I do usually pick a few up if I come into some extra money on rare occasions

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes, all Cohiba Maduros are great, especially aged ones. I also like aged Patargas Maduros.
All Cohiba are a bit pricey now.
Luckily, because I do not drink, I can have some extra money to buy cigars.

4 hours ago, smbauerllc said:
Love the Maduro Secretos.
Just too pricey for me.
I do usually pick a few up if I come into some extra money on rare occasions

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes, all Cohiba Maduros are great, especially aged ones. I also like aged Partagas Maduros.
All Cohiba are a bit pricey now.
Luckily, because I do not drink, I can have some extra money to buy cigars.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy birthday Elliot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bigfatpuff said:

Happy birthday!
I wish I can have a garage to smoke in it.
Haven’t tried talisman yet, how is it?

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Some boxes have been absolutely phenomenal, and others not as good.  In general, the lighter they are, the better they are.  This one is close to phenomenal, but not quite there.  Maybe in the "very good" category.

On 3/3/2021 at 7:26 PM, Chibearsv said:

made sure nostrils were clean ?

No bats in the cave. 🤣

On 3/4/2021 at 9:46 AM, smbauerllc said:

Is that Por Larranaga a Montecarlos?

I have recently been dipping my toe into the smaller rg cc's and really enjoyed the Montecarlos.  Have always been leary of the smaller rg's having tight draws, but that hasn't been the case so far.

I would definitely say its worth it to pick up a box and find out for yourself.  I personally love the size and know others do as well.  While it is possible to get a restricted draw on a PLMC (like any other cigar for that matter) i have had far more well rolled ones than poorly. 

On 3/5/2021 at 7:53 AM, lovethehaze said:

thanks @StogieSteve23 for this 2015 Picadores great smoke 

Tat event exclusive for Mardi gras 

Glad you enjoyed it.  Its actually a 2014 original release stick (not that it makes too much of a difference ha) but maybe if you've smoked others with similar age. Possibly better or worse? 

How was that Tat? Shrunken Pumpkin? 

On 3/5/2021 at 4:59 PM, Rhinoww said:

You can say whatever you wanna say about the maligned Mag 46 BRE OCT 18. 

First one I smoked from the box was great.  Hopefully the rest are as well.  

1 hour ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Feliz cumpleanos, doc. Enjoy in health and happiness. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Thank you.

We did most of the house last year, but it was during the warm months, so the garage wasn't an issue like it is this time.  

We are actually early in the process of adding a 3rd garage onto the house.  If it gets approved by the town, I will build it with cigar smoking in mind.  I plan to add a loft, where I will build a smoking lounge, with fans blowing to the outside, and a big industrial-type air filter like they have in commercial smoking lounges.

Happy birthday.

Hope your plans get approved!  Very important to have a good smoking location at the ready. We hopefully break ground in a month or two on a covered porch w a crapton of infrared heaters. Lots of ceiling fans. Best part is my wife still thinks this addition is for her. 

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, StogieSteve23 said:

No bats in the cave. 🤣

I would definitely say its worth it to pick up a box and find out for yourself.  I personally love the size and know others do as well.  While it is possible to get a restricted draw on a PLMC (like any other cigar for that matter) i have had far more well rolled ones than poorly. 

Glad you enjoyed it.  Its actually a 2014 original release stick (not that it makes too much of a difference ha) but maybe if you've smoked others with similar age. Possibly better or worse? 

How was that Tat? Shrunken Pumpkin? 

First one I smoked from the box was great.  Hopefully the rest are as well.  

Feliz cumpleanos, doc. Enjoy in health and happiness. 

Both were good. The picadors was better 😉. Thank you 

• Like 1

Happy Birthday!

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2021 at 7:33 AM, gojira said:

I love the RAG, I even dare to say that I love this cigar more than the RASS. Pure bliss once they have 5 or 6 years on them. Enjoy!

Agreed. This one was 2hrs 15mins of pure bliss.... Cheers!

7 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Happy Birthday!! Have a blast..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

Happy birthday.

Hope your plans get approved!  Very important to have a good smoking location at the ready. We hopefully break ground in a month or two on a covered porch w a crapton of infrared heaters. Lots of ceiling fans. Best part is my wife still thinks this addition is for her. 

We are looking at doing something similar.  What’s the climate where you are? It’s tough to design a screened room for summer that can stay warm for Chicago winter that won’t allow smoke in the house but working on it.  Wife got the full house remodel, now it’s my turn if there’s enough money in the bank 😁

1 minute ago, Chibearsv said:

We are looking at doing something similar.  What’s the climate where you are? It’s tough to design a screened room for summer that can stay warm for Chicago winter that won’t allow smoke in the house but working on it.  Wife got the full house remodel, now it’s my turn if there’s enough money in the bank 😁

I’m in cincinnati. Cold but not chicago winter cold.
Truth is in use, but I have opted for four of the largest two element infrared heaters from infratech. There is some art behind placement for best results. Lots of YouTube videos but more retailers can assist as well. My Covered area is roughly 18x20. 

Our porch will not be screened in. We will use roller blinds to keep the afternoon sun at bay which will allow three sides to be enclosed in a way. That should control the winds. The infrared heaters heat surfaces and not the air so it should give some benefit. It was the best solution for us. We just didn’t have the clearances needed for gas heaters. 

the idea was not to have it heated like a room. I wanted to take the edge off of the cold. 

my main electrical panel is close whichnis good. Very over engineered each unit will have its own 40a 220 circuit although I doubt it will all be going full tilt much. Electrician installing everything and we will have merchant support and city inspections. Plenty of everything I need to do this properly. 

If I were in your shoes I would think about building the porch in a way to have essentially storm panes fit in over the screened area. Could be as inexpensive as a wood frame with clear plastic stapled to much nicer custom build to make it more like a three season room. The trick is to have adequate airflow to pull the smoke away from the door to your house. Where there is a will there is a way. 

expect your build to be much more than you first think. Cry once and enjoy it however it ends up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1