FOH'ers Daily Smoke

13 hours ago, Meklown said:

Thanks! So .. between the 70s and 2002, you would see 2 different "Partagas 8-9-8"s, in different sizes? How peculiar .. 

Yes and the main way to differentiate (except obviously for the size) was the color or varnish of the box.

Edit:

Interestingly enough there was the same situation with Ramon Allones 8-9-8:

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand/ramon-allones#8-9-8-cabinet-selection-2

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand/ramon-allones#8-9-8-cabinet-selection-1

Except the unvarnished was a Corona, and it was discontinued in the 70s. So they probably didn't coexist together for a long time like the Partagas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 87.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

15 hours ago, Bri Fi said:

H.Upmann No 2  GEM OCT 20. Got this box about three weeks ago. This was a solid 91 point cigar. Glad I bought another box last week on 24:24.

Good to hear.  I wish my box of these would finally arrive here someday. 🥺🙁

I guess I will have to open a box from my still sealed boxes from 2014, 2017 or 2018 until they get here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bri Fi said:
H.Upmann No 2  GEM OCT 20. Got this box about three weeks ago. This was a solid 91 point cigar. Glad I bought another box last week on 24:24.

Yep! Had my first from a GeM abr 20 box and it blew me away. Absolutely stunning cigar. So bold, and will age beautifully. If I can keep my hands off them. I would hunt GEM 20 boxes. Around those months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

15 hours ago, westg said:
Mag 50 , light silky smooth wrapper . A nice couple of hours

Had my first mag 54 yesterday, and haven't had a mag 50 in 10 years for some odd reason.

Curious to see how they compare

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhinoww said:

My spring project is to lose the 20 Lbs I put on over the winter. Nearly there. Hit the treadmill for 30. Now lunch. An Epi 1 I won in a prize pack from our host many months ago that was bouncing around the singles tray in the Coolidor. 

so far a very smooth and flavorful first third. I’m remembering why I hit the box I have so hard last year and had to hide the last half.  Might be time for another box in a bit to get the aging going.

I just stocked up! It’s my favorite Corona Gorda right now. Love the mag 46 but the epicure 1 is more approachable with its lower strength and I think it’s more complex as well. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:

I just stocked up! It’s my favorite Corona Gorda right now. Love the mag 46 but the epicure 1 is more approachable with its lower strength and I think it’s more complex as well. 

Don’t forget the JL1. My favorite size. Well supplied except the epi1. Waiting on a good sale. 

1 minute ago, Lrabold89 said:

Superiores may take the cake for me ...I agree on the IV...much stronger blend then VI ...throws ppl off because they think III or VI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are great too!  Didn’t think about them as I was thinking about regular production, forgot LCDH releases.  Little pricier than the others save the Sig IV.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

seems like more and more folks are having this realization about epi 1 recently ....i love them! nice soft sweet and balanced cigar

That's 100% me! I wasnt giving HdM the time of day for awhile until I heard how good the '19 epi 1's are smoking...and that they are!

3 hours ago, mprach024 said:

So many good Corona gordas going which is great it’s my favorite vitola (probably most people’s).  I think the Punch Punch is still underrated. I’m on a box from 19 that’s just hitting its stride right now and has become phenomenal.   Just picked up 2 more boxes of those.  The Epi 1, and Mag 46 both have been great.  Jl1 has been good too, although it’s the one CG I think that is being outperformed by its sibling robusto.  Not 100% on that, I’m about to crack into a new box of 1s so that may change.  I still think the Sig IVs are terrific, people just want them to be mini Sig VIs and they are not, a different blend but for what they are it’s a great smoke.  I keep waiting for @Elpresidente to do a CG video series, be very interesting who came out on top as it could be anyone’s game right now.  

I agree with you on the JL1. My first box of Punch Punch was a disaster...I have another that's much better but it's gonna rest for another year or so while I attack the PSdP's I have. I have had a few aged examples that were amazing.

2 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

Superiores may take the cake for me ...I agree on the IV...much stronger blend then VI ...throws ppl off because they think III or VI

I forgot about RAS and IV! I havnt had a IV and the aged RAS I had were disappointing, I havnt had one from recent production. If a good deal comes around I'll definitely snag a box. 

• Like 2