• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

On 4/3/2021 at 8:22 AM, TobaccoRoad said:
RyJ Ex #4 OER MAR 20- Still relatively young but absolutely delicious.

Big fan of the RyJ Ex. No.4's
All have been 2019 and younger and I have enjoyed all of them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, havanaclub said:

I will have to try the dantes again soon and let you know. I have had several of both the Leyenda and Dantes and would heavily lean towards the Leyenda being the superior cigar. Mind you, the last Dantes I had was probably 1.5 yrs ago and had some burn issues. I thought it needed more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate the insight Brent. Let me know what you think if you get a chance to try a Dantes. I’ve heard good things on the Leyenda so good you like them. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LLC said:

SGA DIC 16 Dantes. Really enjoy these but not a cigar I was able to go deep on. Anyone with insight on how it compares to the Leyenda?

As @havanaclub mentioned, I would agree that to my taste too the Leyenda is more to my preference of late. Although, the last Leyenda I had was in October 2020 and the last Dantes I had was in June 2020. In generalised terms I found the Leyenda to be more akin to lighter milk coffee, marshmallow and cream texture and the Dantes more dominant in stronger cocoa and even has some white pepper.

So I feel they are on different ends of the spectrum in the Montecristo line. This question has prompted to consider re-visiting these cigars soon and smoking them back-to-back to compare.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, JohnS said:
As @havanaclub mentioned, I would agree that to my taste too the Leyenda is more to my preference of late. Although, the last Leyenda I had was in October 2020 and the last Dantes I had was in June 2020. In generalised terms I found the Leyenda to be more akin to lighter milk coffee, marshmallow and cream texture and the Dantes more dominant in stronger cocoa and even has some white pepper.
So I feel they are on different ends of the spectrum in the Montecristo line. This question has prompted to consider re-visiting these cigars soon and smoking them back-to-back to compare.

Thanks John. I look forward to your reviews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

I would agree. The 4-5 Dantes I have had seemed to be on the “darker” side compared to the Leyenda. I would also agree on the spice/pepper. This is why I figured they needed some time to smooth out. Might try one tonight to check in.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Off to a great start!! SUM OCT 16
I recall these early being on the slightly harsh side. A lot of pepper and even recall hearing reviews about it tasting like a Nicaragua cigar. I can see some resemblance, but this has smoothed out.medium-full with dark chocolate and slight roasted nuts with a very nice creamy texture. Very nice.

Excellent to hear. Thank you for the review! 😉

• Like 2

Decided to abandon the internet last night and grabbed my first HdM EE , and went to visit my cousin in his shop last night. Extremely overfilled and plugged. Burn was very uniform but zero smoke output. Left my draw tool at home, got tired of pulling my brains out and rectified the problem with a 1/8 drill bit in the dewalt cordless drill. There's more than one way to skin a cat.lol
Nice improvisation, lol
I really like the HdM EE's a lot. Just got a few with my most recent order and even being 2020's, they taste great to me

11 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

Nice improvisation, lol
I really like the HdM EE's a lot. Just got a few with my most recent order and even being 2020's, they taste great to me

It had a very good flavor, just couldn't get any smoke out of it. Burned for 2 hours, never had to relight or touch up the burn. Just highly disappointed with the draw. I knew I was in trouble before I  even lit it by how tight the roll was.