• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

17 hours ago, havanaclub said:
Birthday smoke for me. Cohiba Lanceros MEL ABR 08

Nice, happy birthday!

Actually have never had a lanceros in any marca, even nc's, but do really enjoy its little brother, the Exquisitos and really enjoy them. No draw issues with any of them yet, which is why I typically shy away from anything under 40rg.

Have had too many draw issues, and they are too skinny for my draw tool. It tends to crack the wrapper or punch out the side by not going in perfectly straight.
Also don't typically like anything under 5in either (which I know doesn't apply here, just a statement), but there are a few exceptions

Also have never found the COLA available in singles anywhere, so would have to scrounge up a few in a private sale, which is a little different still.

Would like to give one a try someday, as they seem quite popular and well regarded.

Will try again to find some in a private sale next month

Had some nice age on it too, which most think is pretty much a necessity for Cohibas in particular.
@havanaclub
How do they compare to the Exquisitos?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, akpreacher said:

That Mil Dias is a phenomenal NC.  

15 hours ago, kcmontie said:

Are the Pinks worth the hype? What were your thoughts on this one? Wasn't able to get my hands on any. 

10 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Birthday smoke for me. Cohiba Lanceros MEL ABR 08

Happy birthday! Great smoke to enjoy for the occasion! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:
SOM-DIC-16 RG88.  Enjoyable. Rye bread, vegetal earthy notes and a cocoa powder dusting.

RAT-ENE-20 PSdP. Always love these. Peanut, cedar, florals and a hint of chili powder.

TUA-ENE-20 Boli Lib after pressure washing my grandparents driveway. Delicious. Figs, raisins, leather, dark chocolate and a hint of cinnamon.

I have noticed that most of the Cigars people post in these threads on multiple forums I belong to that are ER's tend to be Asian ER's.
They seem more popular than any others.
I'm curious why...
@StogieSteve23

13 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

I have noticed that most of the Cigars people post in these threads on multiple forums I belong to that are ER's tend to be Asian ER's.
They seem more popular than any others.
I'm curious why...

I don't have an exact answer for that, but I'd venture to say its because PCC commissions a higher volume of sticks for production under the Asia Pacific region than other distributors worldwide do.  Spain has a very high volume as well.  A lot of the time, the more cigars produced, the more inexpensive the boxes are for purchase and the less flavorful/desirable they are. This is my personal opinion and I know others share the same sentiment.  However, people do seem to have negative things to say about these RG88's but I've really enjoyed the box I have so far. 

I'm sure lots of others on the forum would have a far better explanation of your question however. 

• Like 1

I don't have an exact answer for that, but I'd venture to say its because PCC commissions a higher volume of sticks for production under the Asia Pacific region than other distributors worldwide do.  Spain has a very high volume as well.  A lot of the time, the more cigars produced, the more inexpensive the boxes are for purchase and the less flavorful/desirable they are. This is my personal opinion and I know others share the same sentiment.  However, people do seem to have negative things to say about these RG88's but I've really enjoyed the box I have so far. 
I'm sure lots of others on the forum would have a far better explanation of your question however. 
Yeah, I did assume that the Asian market gets a much higher number of ER's than other regions and also noticed Spain gets a lot too

4 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

That Mil Dias is a phenomenal NC.  

Are the Pinks worth the hype? What were your thoughts on this one? Wasn't able to get my hands on any. 

Happy birthday! Great smoke to enjoy for the occasion! 

It was a good cigar but I think most of AF higher end stuff is good. I think if I see it again I would buy one or 2 singles. I wouldn’t chase a box at the prices B&M are selling singles for. And I am totally with you on the Mil Dais great stick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kcmontie said:

It was a good cigar but I think most of AF higher end stuff is good. I think if I see it again I would buy one or 2 singles. I wouldn’t chase a box at the prices B&M are selling singles for. And I am totally with you on the Mil Dais great stick. 

Great to know! Haven't been able to find them anywhere. Got a pack of Kings from my local B&M, but don't think they compare.  I enjoy the RSG's a lot, so figured these would be good for a different size. Also, I've become a big Crowned Heads fan lately. 

1 hour ago, NicPac said:

CoLa and the PGA. I never thought we’d see Phil the leader after 54 again in a major. Could be an exciting day. 

Looking good, Nico! Great way to celebrate the final round.  Fingers crossed Phil can pull it off (IMO)..  Just saw him dunk that sand shot on 5!!! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cigarsmoker81 said:
Montecristo Linea 1935 Dumas

How was it?
I have a couple just finishing up resting and acclimating

Nice, happy birthday!

Actually have never had a lanceros in any marca, even nc's, but do really enjoy its little brother, the Exquisitos and really enjoy them. No draw issues with any of them yet, which is why I typically shy away from anything under 40rg.

Have had too many draw issues, and they are too skinny for my draw tool. It tends to crack the wrapper or punch out the side by not going in perfectly straight.
Also don't typically like anything under 5in either (which I know doesn't apply here, just a statement), but there are a few exceptions

Also have never found the COLA available in singles anywhere, so would have to scrounge up a few in a private sale, which is a little different still.

Would like to give one a try someday, as they seem quite popular and well regarded.

Will try again to find some in a private sale next month

Had some nice age on it too, which most think is pretty much a necessity for Cohibas in particular.
[mention=30568]havanaclub[/mention]
How do they compare to the Exquisitos?

Can’t say as I have never had an exquisitos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk