• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

On 5/29/2021 at 10:36 PM, Raskol said:
C&C time. H. Upmann Anejados - 24:24

I liked the Upmann and Montecristo Anejados I tried a while back, but not really enough to justify the high price for me.

Would happily get more if I spotted them on sale though, as they were very tasty.

Not sure I buy the backstory on the Anejados being as aged as is claimed, but honestly haven't smoked enough aged Cigars to really be a good judge of it

On 5/30/2021 at 4:07 AM, Cigarsmoker81 said:
Medio siglo was disappointing, second third was ok
d4 was spot on, got a little hot on the last third though

Have been considering trying the Medio Siglo but keep putting it off since they aren't cheap, and I have read a lot of mixed reviews on them.

What was it that you felt was disappointing about it specifically?

On 5/30/2021 at 5:53 AM, Queens88 said:
Cohiba Coronas Especiales from a 6er. Needs more time to reach its full potential - but enjoyable all the same.

Actually will be trying my first one tomorrow for memorial day.

Dont know the box date as I bought them as singles and the vendor didn't provide the dates like I requested and they said they would.

Guessing it's 2019 or 2020 as most of my purchases have been, but the vendor seems to go out of stock on them quickly, so may be 2021.

Only have 2, so don't want to waste on by smoking it too young

What was the date on yours?

Curious how much more time you feel they need.

On 5/30/2021 at 6:14 AM, Count of Montecristo said:
Currently my daily smoke is a Romeo Y Julieta number one because I’ve got so many of them I’ve got to get rid of them. They’re a good cigar, they go good with coffee or tea in the morning, and I got them for really cheap,  but I think next time I’m going to purchase something different. Thanks! 

I like the no.1's and no.2's.
They aren't anything special, but pretty good for a very cheap price so i smoke a fair number of them

23 hours ago, Glass Half Full said:
I haven't heard about anything before about how Culebras smoke -- so have shied away too.  ...Kinda thought you might be supposed to smoke all three at the same time  

Lol, I wouldn't recommend that

I really like them. They are actually one of the best tasting and smoking partagas I have had. They are definitely in my top 3 partagas.

Always a great taste, draw, burn and construction.

I'm surprised at how good they are in every regard given the odd shape

19 hours ago, Greenhorn2 said:
Kinda hate when you smoke them too young. This could have been a good cigar.

Robusto or Medio Siglo?

What was the box date?

Haven't tried the Medio Siglo yet, but my last Robusto from 2020 was very disappointing and the CoRo is one of my all time favorite smokes

14 hours ago, Bolismoker said:
2016 Diplo 2

Nice.
Loved the ones I have had, even being much more recent production.

Hard to find singles in stock anywhere though. They must be pretty popular as they go fast

10 hours ago, Chibearsv said:
La Fuerza - RAT MAR 20
Perfect construction and very tasty.  Nice cigar

Love the La Fuerza.
One of the very few smokes that I stock more than 2 or 3 of.

Have like 7 right now thanks to a private sale on another forum where they were just too cheap to pass up

9 hours ago, Alfonso Sánchez said:
Montecristo Open Regata. 

Nice
The Regatta and master are my favorites of the Open line.

Dont see many people smoking them for some reason

9 hours ago, Raskol said:
C&C time. HDM Elegantes (2018) - 24:24

How are they?
I have a 2019 and a 2017 i was generously gifted but have never tried one yet.
Big HDM fan in general.
Lots of excellent offerings

• Like 2

On 5/28/2021 at 6:18 PM, SigmundChurchill said:

they were my age at that time, but somehow they are all older than me now.

Doc, not everyone holds the magic key to an endless supply of age-defying drugs.. 

16 hours ago, njpinette said:

Punch Punch

Looks more like rain rain in your car car. 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

Actually will be trying my first one tomorrow for memorial day.

Dont know the box date as I bought them as singles and the vendor didn't provide the dates like I requested and they said they would.

Guessing it's 2019 or 2020 as most of my purchases have been, but the vendor seems to go out of stock on them quickly, so may be 2021.

Only have 2, so don't want to waste on by smoking it too young

What was the date on yours?

Curious how much more time you feel they need.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I got the 6er about 9 months ago. Records suggest it was REG ABR 20 - could be wrong - so certainly young for a Coronas Especiales. Obviously the cigar will improve with a few more years on it, but still a very good cigar despite its youth. I was merely curious, as I hadn’t  tried one before.

I got the 6er about 9 months ago. Records suggest it was REG ABR 20 - could be wrong - so certainly young for a Coronas Especiales. Obviously the cigar will improve with a few more years on it, but still a very good cigar despite its youth. I was merely curious, as I hadn’t  tried one before.
Glad to hear that they are still good even very young

6 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:
Normally, we spend Memorial Day Weekend at the beach.  This year, the forecast was so abysmal, we are spending it at home.
I'm drowning my sorrows in a Behike 52.

Never tried a Behike and likely never will.
Are they really worth the outrageous price?

6 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

Never tried a Behike and likely never will.
Are they really worth the outrageous price?

In general, I find Siglo VI to be just as good at less than half the price.

Unless you can find Behikes in Cuba, in which case I would say to buy as many boxes as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

It’s loaded with Boveda 65%. Although I’ve had a lot of new stock come in the past months so I think it’s higher than 65%. Not sure what the house is, probably 20-30%!

If you want to bring the RH down, you might want to try letting the Bovedas dry out about half way and then put them back in the coolers.  If you check them in a month or so and their fully moist again, put another dry one in there.  The only way the Bovedas can moderate RH in both directions is for them to NOT be fully "charged".  It's really helped for me.  I'm testing adding a small dry desiccant pack in a couple tuppers for the past few months to see if that can help suck some of the humidity out of both the cigars and the Bovedas and I don't think that works as well as a half dried out Boveda.  Might help?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Robusto or Medio Siglo?

What was the box date?

Haven't tried the Medio Siglo yet, but my last Robusto from 2020 was very disappointing and the CoRo is one of my all time favorite smokes

Actually a Sig 1. A couple singles so no idea on date. The flavors were there but very faint.