• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

3 hours ago, Cigarsmoker81 said:
Amazing qdo54

@Cigarsmoker81

I have read some people on various forums say that the 54 and 50 have a noticeable taste difference.

What do you think, assuming you have also had the 50?

I wouldn't think there would be a noticeable difference as they are the same Blend and really not that big of a difference in size

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

@Cigarsmoker81

I have read some people on various forums say that the 54 and 50 have a noticeable taste difference.

What do you think, assuming you have also had the 50?

I wouldn't think there would be a noticeable difference as they are the same Blend and really not that big of a difference in size

I only had the 54 so far but definitely will try the 50 sooner or later 

6 hours ago, Chucko8 said:

Continued on last night with @Nate Chu for his birthday celebration with a Monte D LE post the Edmundo.

This morning had @saltyfeet come over for a visit and decided on a Siglo VI from 2018 for coffee accompaniment. Long weekends are the best.

You just live the best life....soo jealous!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chucko8 said:

Continued on last night with @Nate Chu for his birthday celebration with a Monte D LE post the Edmundo.

This morning had @saltyfeet come over for a visit and decided on a Siglo VI from 2018 for coffee accompaniment. Long weekends are the best.

Very nice. Where's cocktail place at? Looks like that restaurant on the beach on Lantau? 

7 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Many courses down here supply them if you want to smoke cigars on the course. Also, I’ve found these clips from the link below are way better. Someone gave one to me a couple years back and I’ll never go back to the ones in Elliot’s pic (sorry doc).  Only comment, these clips from below require a couple rounds to break in and widen out with a cigar in them, but I’ve used it for almost three years now and they’re great. Always keep it in my golf bag. Magnetic so it clips on the frame of the cart top. 

https://www.amazon.com/Stage-Clinger-Cigar-Holder-Damage-Free/dp/B00JOSHXNQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=stage+v+clinger+cigar+clip&qid=1623379063&sprefix=stage+V&sr=8-3

@havanaclub +1 here.  The plastic clips never really find a solid as a rock place to attach to.  And opening and closing the little spring clip can damage cigars when a clutz like me is using it.  The clinger is great but requires bending and re-shaping it a little. They're just as easy to lose unfortunately.  I've been through plenty of both but prefer the clinger a lot 😁

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LLC said:

A couple of things to celebrate today.

Started with a HU Regalias from a great looking tin. Cigar was also very good and much better than the Partgas Petit Corona in the new tin. 

POU MAY 12 Cohiba Siglo I. Love these aged. 

RAE JUL 15 RA 898 RE Alemania. Good but not up to the standard this box has set. 

I really enjoyed the regalias too, but don't really feel they are worth the cost due to the fancy tin.

It is a gorgeous tin though and i have it as part of my Cigar display with boxes and tubos

my goodness, is anything worth the cost to you? lol ..not a post goes by without you adding your two cents about the value proposition of the cigar in question....sheesh pal
I would think most people factor in cost when buying Cigars, so I don't see how that's not very relevant to the review of a Cigar and when deciding what to buy.
A perfect example is in the very next post after this one.

You seem to have a lot of issues with the content of my posts and I really don't understand why
@Lrabold89

56 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

I really enjoyed the regalias too, but don't really feel they are worth the cost due to the fancy tin.

It is a gorgeous tin though and i have it as part of my Cigar display with boxes and tubos

Totally agree. 

Totally agree. 
Yeah, have felt the same way about all the newer lines in fancy tins.
Tasty smokes, but you definitely pay more due to the tin.

If they were available without the tin I would certainly buy them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

@havanaclub +1 here.  The plastic clips never really find a solid as a rock place to attach to.  And opening and closing the little spring clip can damage cigars when a clutz like me is using it.  The clinger is great but requires bending and re-shaping it a little. They're just as easy to lose unfortunately.  I've been through plenty of both but prefer the clinger a lot 😁

LOL! Just as easy to lose for sure.  

Yes, the first couple of rounds I played, it cracked the shyte out of the cigars I had in it.  Took me a while to break it in and find the sweet spot.  Knowing what I do now about them, I would have bent it slightly wider from the beginning before I ever put the first stogie in it.  I'll never go back to another holder on the course.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, StogieSteve23 said:

LOL! Just as easy to lose for sure.  

Yes, the first couple of rounds I played, it cracked the shyte out of the cigars I had in it.  Took me a while to break it in and find the sweet spot.  Knowing what I do now about them, I would have bent it slightly wider from the beginning before I ever put the first stogie in it.  I'll never go back to another holder on the course.   

By the way I always grin at your posts where you've got outing or tournament budgets in the background.  Reminds me of the days when I was and Asst. Pro 40 years ago, or ass pro as we used to say since kissing ass was the key to the job (which is why I'm not anymore). 🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chibearsv said:

By the way I always grin at your posts where you've got outing or tournament budgets in the background.  Reminds me of the days when I was and Asst. Pro 40 years ago, or ass pro as we used to say since kissing ass was the key to the job (which is why I'm not anymore). 🤣

It's a headache and a half but all part of the job, as you know! Working on two budgets as we speak for both events I work year-round.   Only have to sit at a desk for part of the position, while the rest is spent on-course working our events or others in our company. The more fun part of the job.  BTW, there is still ass kissing that happens... just not by me 🤣

• Haha 2