• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

seems to be a common issue with them being rolled tightly 
That sucks.
The first 3 were perfect, and they taste great, but tight draws can really make a smoke unenjoyable easily.
Especially with me as I like a really open draw.

Will try a few more and see how it goes.
Really hope it isn't a common issue like you say.

Thanks for the heads up on them though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

That sucks.
The first 3 were perfect, and they taste great, but tight draws can really make a smoke unenjoyable easily.
Especially with me as I like a really open draw.

Will try a few more and see how it goes.
Really hope it isn't a common issue like you say.

Thanks for the heads up on them though

I agree with @Lrabold89 on this one.  Haven’t had one that wasn’t like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose.  Sucks, because the vitola is great in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I agree with [mention=34944]Lrabold89[/mention] on this one.  Haven’t had one that wasn’t like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose.  Sucks, because the vitola is great in my opinion. 
Crap. That's very discouraging and makes me leary of getting some more.

First 3 were perfect and delicious but this last one was very tight and my Modus tool had no effect, so it wasn't a plug, just a really tight roll.

Shame, because I really enjoyed these a lot.

May just have to stick to my Siglo II's for my Cohiba fix

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smbauerllc said:

Crap. That's very discouraging and makes me leary of getting some more.

First 3 were perfect and delicious but this last one was very tight and my Modus tool had no effect, so it wasn't a plug, just a really tight roll.

Shame, because I really enjoyed these a lot.

May just have to stick to my Siglo II's for my Cohiba fix

Discouraging for sure, especially for the price of them. 

I won't say they're all like that (case in point, your first three were perfect), just the ones I've had.  What I've found that does work (not just with these but any cigar that has a poor cold draw after clipping the head) is leaving it in your humidor after the head is cut to allow for more airflow/humidification to escape before smoking it. 

No telling for how long, as they all require more/less time for this to take shape depending on the bunching inside and existing humidification levels of said cigar. 

• Like 2

Discouraging for sure, especially for the price of them. 
I won't say they're all like that (case in point, your first three were perfect), just the ones I've had.  What I've found that does work (not just with these but any cigar that has a poor cold draw after clipping the head) is leaving it in your humidor after the head is cut to allow for more airflow/humidification to escape before smoking it. 
No telling for how long, as they all require more/less time for this to take shape depending on the bunching inside and existing humidification levels of said cigar. 

Interesting.
Never heard of that method before.
Will have to give it a try next time I get a tight one of something, which seems to happen occasionally with every marca

1 minute ago, smbauerllc said:

Will have to give it a try next time I get a tight one of something, which seems to happen occasionally with every marca

Definitely try it if you have the stock to do so.  Better to try it and wait than not enjoy the cigar or pitch the bitch after half or less of the smoke. 

• Like 2

Definitely try it if you have the stock to do so.  Better to try it and wait than not enjoy the cigar or pitch the bitch after half or less of the smoke. 
Very true. It always pains me to have to give up on one because I just can't get but the tiniest bit of smoke out of it.

Will definitely give this a try

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

I really enjoyed the regalias too, but don't really feel they are worth the cost due to the fancy tin.

It is a gorgeous tin though and i have it as part of my Cigar display with boxes and tubos

They come in 25 count dress boxes, so you might be able to get singles not from a tin at a more reasonable price. Not sure if they stopped making the 25 count boxes now that they have tins, but I definitely have gotten a box in the past.

• Like 2

They come in 25 count dress boxes, so you might be able to get singles not from a tin at a more reasonable price. Not sure if they stopped making the 25 count boxes now that they have tins, but I definitely have gotten a box in the past.
Cool. Good to know.
Thanks for the info

35 minutes ago, Shatner's Bassoon said:

Absolutely spot on. I’ve only ever had a handful of these, but I think I’ve been very fortunate with the draw on all of them.

Hell yeah! Glad to hear that. Happy smoking 😎

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Love those cigar clips. But I always seem to leave them on the carts. Never fails, every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My club has the same ones for the carts, but since COVID, I have been bringing my own.  I have been meaning to write my name on it, but I always forget.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:
6 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:
I agree with @Lrabold89 on this one.  Haven’t had one that wasn’t like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose.  Sucks, because the vitola is great in my opinion. 

My experience has been opposite. Smoked probably 30 or so and never had a tight draw.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

Oddly the longer Laguito no. 1 have been better on draw for me. So Cohiba Lanceros better then CCE and Montecristo Especial better than especiales no. 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1