• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lotusguy

• LLC

• Raskol

• maverickdrinker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

From last night. Not Pictured: BRE Connie 1.. Great flavors.  Original Release Picadores: ULE NOV-14..  Flawless  RAT NOV-19 Dip 2. From 24:24 Not as salty as the dark wrappers. 

6 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:
Normally, we spend Memorial Day Weekend at the beach.  This year, the forecast was so abysmal, we are spending it at home.
I'm drowning my sorrows in a Behike 52.

Never tried a Behike and likely never will.
Are they really worth the outrageous price?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

Never tried a Behike and likely never will.
Are they really worth the outrageous price?

In general, I find Siglo VI to be just as good at less than half the price.

Unless you can find Behikes in Cuba, in which case I would say to buy as many boxes as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

It’s loaded with Boveda 65%. Although I’ve had a lot of new stock come in the past months so I think it’s higher than 65%. Not sure what the house is, probably 20-30%!

If you want to bring the RH down, you might want to try letting the Bovedas dry out about half way and then put them back in the coolers.  If you check them in a month or so and their fully moist again, put another dry one in there.  The only way the Bovedas can moderate RH in both directions is for them to NOT be fully "charged".  It's really helped for me.  I'm testing adding a small dry desiccant pack in a couple tuppers for the past few months to see if that can help suck some of the humidity out of both the cigars and the Bovedas and I don't think that works as well as a half dried out Boveda.  Might help?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Puros Y Vino said:

The Super Ramon rarely disappoints. I can't believe such a monster cigar was a Canadian RE in a 25 count no less. 

I was gifted a couple and should have bought a box. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Robusto or Medio Siglo?

What was the box date?

Haven't tried the Medio Siglo yet, but my last Robusto from 2020 was very disappointing and the CoRo is one of my all time favorite smokes

Actually a Sig 1. A couple singles so no idea on date. The flavors were there but very faint.

12 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

I liked the Upmann and Montecristo Anejados I tried a while back, but not really enough to justify the high price for me.

Would happily get more if I spotted them on sale though, as they were very tasty.

Not sure I buy the backstory on the Anejados being as aged as is claimed, but honestly haven't smoked enough aged Cigars to really be a good judge of it

How are they?
I have a 2019 and a 2017 i was generously gifted but have never tried one yet.
Big HDM fan in general.
Lots of excellent offerings

For me the Upmann, Monte & Partagas Anejados are good cigars but not great so far. Totally enjoyable smokes. Yes, I agree on the high price & also the backstory...

The HDM Elegantes was quite tasty. Mild to medium in strength.

Typical Hoyo taste - woody, hints of spice, sweetness came in after the first third. A very enjoyable smoke tis one. 

Cheers

10 hours ago, Chibearsv said:
If you want to bring the RH down, you might want to try letting the Bovedas dry out about half way and then put them back in the coolers.  If you check them in a month or so and their fully moist again, put another dry one in there.  The only way the Bovedas can moderate RH in both directions is for them to NOT be fully "charged".  It's really helped for me.  I'm testing adding a small dry desiccant pack in a couple tuppers for the past few months to see if that can help suck some of the humidity out of both the cigars and the Bovedas and I don't think that works as well as a half dried out Boveda.  Might help?

You can also do the cat litter thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Forgot to snap a pic but had another UEB 18 siglo IV ….really hard to reach for anything else at the moment …these are so spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
On 5/28/2021 at 12:12 AM, smbauerllc said:

'16 RASS
Always enjoy the RASS recent production I smoke, but one with 5 years of age on it was just great.
Very tasty and very smooth and a bit more mellow than recent production

05540f0911e11530754a02a8229a5e82.jpg

Is this one of the Dutch bands?