FOH'ers Daily Smoke

On 6/16/2021 at 10:42 AM, smbauerllc said:

@kcmontie

Nice.
Have only had 1 so far, but really enjoyed the 1935 Dumas quite a bit.
Assuming the second one I have is consistent, I will be buying more, even at the high price.
I'm a big Montecristo fan, with it being my favorite marca.

How was the Partagas EL?
Just beginning to dip my toe into the EL and ER realm of cc's, with 4 new to me ER's set up for smoking in next months supply, so any info is always helpful.

I am with you Montecristo is also my favorite brand.  I like 1935 line. Pricey but tasty. The EL was a prize from FOH so i only have smoked the one but it was good. I am not a big EL/RE guy anymore. There was a time when I tried to smoke every new cigar that can out. Now i stick to brands i know i like. 

• Replies 87.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

I am with you Montecristo is also my favorite brand.  I like 1935 line. Pricey but tasty. The EL was a prize from FOH so i only have smoked the one but it was good. I am not a big EL/RE guy anymore. There was a time when I tried to smoke every new cigar that can out. Now i stick to brands i know i like. 
Nice.
I'm happy to be a Montecristo fan as I haven't had one yet that I didn't really enjoy and they have a pretty good selection for lots of variety in my stock.

Plus I have had very few problems with construction, tight draws, uneven burns, etc with them and most are very reasonably priced for what you are getting

As for EL's and ER's, I'm just starting to try some out to See if there are any i really like to add to my favorites bookmarks for future purchases.

Spent the last year trying out as many new to me cc's to increase variety of my go to smokes, as I too usually typically buy just ones I know I like

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nino said:

Two days ago in Gent/Belgium invited to a cigar dinner of the Belgian Aroma de Cuba smokers club where I have good friends.

My first trip in 18 months and celebrating my second Pfizer-BioNTech jab 2 weeks ago.

A great location, Brasserie Latem, a Michelin starred Restaurant, the owner/chef himself a cigar smoker, ca. 30 Aficionados, superb Tapas dinner, 3 cigars and I was named "Honorary Extra Muros Member" of the Club. 

Excellent hospitality by all, very generous and a great atmosphere. Good conversations and exchanges. Lovely evening !

Certainly not my last cigar dinner with Aroma De Cuba.

Yer pic makes me want to grab a box of Connie A @Nino 🤣! I recommended Connie A to Korean FOH BOTLs and they really enjoyed that CC so much 😃. Besides, Korean FOH BOTLs told me even non smokers and huge NC Davidoff fan were also impressed with the flavour profile of Connie A and they really wanted to grab'em even more 😆.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sir Diggamus said:

Double Edmundo and an Imperial Stout

As a stout beer fan, I really want to try Imperial Stout so badly @Sir Diggamus 🤣! Is Double Edmundo performs well nowadays? I noticed that Double Edmundo gets love on FOH recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Connoisseur Kim said:
As a stout beer fan, I really want to try Imperial Stout so badly Sir Diggamus! Is Double Edmundo performs well nowadays? I noticed that Double Edmundo gets love on FOH recently.

It’s VERY good Kim! I find the Double Edmundo to have “darker” notes than most other Montes, at least the ones I have tried. They have dark chocolate and roasted malt notes. It’s from 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Diggamus said:

It’s VERY good Kim! I find the Double Edmundo to have “darker” notes than most other Montes, at least the ones I have tried. They have dark chocolate and roasted malt notes. It’s from 2015.

Thanks @Sir Diggamus! I'll definitely try Double Edmundo for sure buddy 😄!

22 hours ago, Nino said:

Two days ago in Gent/Belgium invited to a cigar dinner of the Belgian Aroma de Cuba smokers club where I have good friends.

Looking good @Nino! Congrats on the little trip and what seemed to be a great evening! 

17 hours ago, LLC said:

Which No. 2 is that? The only RA No. 2 I am familiar with is the new 2019 release which is  a Belicoso shape and has the LE band on it. 

☝️ This.  Was wondering the exact same thing.. Looks more like a RASSto me... 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:
100% agree with you! Dark wrappers on HdM's seem to bring out a very different and extremely impressive flavor profile. Other than HdM I try to avoid too dark of wrappers! 

I agree to.
I love all of the Epicure line and always have some on hand.
Darker wrappers seem to appear quite often on them

32 minutes ago, StogieSteve23 said:
BSM-JUL-20 Coloniales thanks to my favorite resident degenerate attorney, @rcarlson

Love the Coloniales.
Its one of the very few smokes that I keep more than just 2 or 3 of on hand

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

Love the Coloniales.
Its one of the very few smokes that I keep more than just 2 or 3 of on hand

Yeah, I'll need to grab some for sure. They're tasty morsels. 

Yeah, I'll need to grab some for sure. They're tasty morsels. 
Yes, they are my current favorite Trinidad and one of my all-time favorites as well.
Still waiting to try my first Media Luna next month though

2 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

Yes, they are my current favorite Trinidad and one of my all-time favorites as well.
Still waiting to try my first Media Luna next month though

Fundies & Esmeralda are excellent. I'd say Topez & Vigia are close in flavor/enjoyment as a close second. for me. 

• Like 2

Fundies & Esmeralda are excellent. I'd say Topez & Vigia are close in flavor/enjoyment as a close second. for me. 
Haven't been able to try the Fundadores or esmareldas yet. No one sells them as singles so I will have to try through a trade or private sale
Haven't tried the topes for the same reason.
Wasn't impressed enough by the vigia to justify the high price for me.
Do have my first Media Luna set for next month though

2 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Looking good @Nino! Congrats on the little trip and what seemed to be a great evening!

Thank you VERY much @StogieSteve23 !!

It sure felt good to be on the road again and meeting good friends. Almost "normal" 🙂

Here is a little piece of the trip on my blog :

http://flyingcigar.de/startseite/2021-june-cigar-dinner-aroma-de-cuba-cigar-club-in-gent-belgium/

• Like 2