• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

22 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

I'm curious, since I have never had one, and most likely never will, are the BHK's really that good for the extreme price of them?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In my opinion, not anywhere near today’s prices. I could say that about alot of things these days! I often think to myself if I were ever to sell some of my inventory which cigars would I sell to take advantage of the crazy market we have today. I can’t think of anything better than a BHK. It’s the Cohiba effect on steroids. But to each their own, they’re very good cigars generally speaking... though the ring gauge on the 54/56 is a bit much for my taste. If I had a budget of ~$150+ for a cigar, though, there certainly are other places I’d spend my fortune.

• Like 3

In my opinion, not anywhere near today’s prices. I could say that about alot of things these days! I often think to myself if I were ever to sell some of my inventory which cigars would I sell to take advantage of the crazy market we have today. I can’t think of anything better than a BHK. It’s the Cohiba effect on steroids. But to each their own, they’re very good cigars generally speaking... though the ring gauge on the 54/56 is a bit much for my taste. If I had a budget of ~$150+ for a cigar, though, there certainly are other places I’d spend my fortune.
Thanks.
Kinda the answer I expected.
The prices of them, and most cohibas in my opinion, are just crazy, and there are plenty of other cigars that are just as good if not better.
I have a self imposed $25 limit for a single cigar, so there are only 3 Cohibas I ever smoke, and tons of others I like just as much for less money.

Epi 2 cardboard from ‘16. First one I had was bland, with 6 months rest it’s much better
Love the entire Epicure line, but the no.2 is probably my favorite.
This is a strange sounding statement to me.  Not because you cant like other cigars as much or more.  You can.  
But Cohibas have a distinct flavor, unlike any other marca, so it's strange for me to see it worded this way.  
For example, wine and bourbon are both drinks, but if I rephrase it the way you worded your sentence, it would sound like this, "This bourbon is ok, but there are plenty of wines that are just as good if not better."  Sounds strange, right?  To me, that is the way your statement reads.
On the other hand, it wouldn't be strange to say, "I'm not a huge fan of bourbon, and I think it is overpriced.  I'm more of a wine guy."

And with your $25 limit, I'm not really sure that you ever had a true Cohiba experience.  I guess the CoRo, when it is on, can give you that.  But there is a distinct difference between a Siglo 2 and a CPE, Siglo VI, Esplendido, or Lancero.
Sorry if I worded it poorly and you misunderstood.

I do buy CoRo's fairly often, and also the Siglo II, Exquisitos and Coronas Especiales, but that is all I have ever had.

I do have a 2012 Esplendidos I was given, but it will be my first of those, which I plan to finally smoke to celebrate the 4th of July.

About half my aged stock is vitolas I have never had recent production ones of, so the nuances of the age can get a little lost on me with no basis for comparison.

Have been trying to track down some recent ones of everything to smoke before the aged one, but it hasn't been easy as a fair number are discontinued.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Sorry if I worded it poorly and you misunderstood.

I do buy CoRo's fairly often, and also the Siglo II and Especiales, but that is all I have ever had.

I do have a 2012 Esplendidos I was given, but it will be my first of those.

Let me know what you think of the 2012 Espy.  And it may or may not be your cup of tea either.  We all have different palates, and that is OK.

There is a difference between liking it, and recognizing it's uniqueness.  That is all I was trying to say.

• Like 2

Sounds like my day.  I just bought new clubs.  I was smashing the ball with the Calloway Epic Max and the Epic 3 wood.  On one of our par 5s, I was lying 2, just 10 feet from the green (used to be 100 yards out with my old clubs).  
I still ended up with a 6.

Never fails. And that’s why we keep playing the game.
Happy Father’s Day Elliot. Enjoy that behike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Let me know what you think of the 2012 Espy.  And it may or may not be your cup of tea either.  We all have different palates, and that is OK.
There is a difference between liking it, and recognizing it's uniqueness.  That is all I was trying to say.
Will do.
Wish I have had a fresh one to compare to, but about 2/3 of the aged stock I have been given are ones I have never tried recent production of, so the benefits of the age on them gets lost on me with those.

I have pretty high hopes for the Espy, as I see them mentioned quite often, and they always get high praise, so its logical to assume that they are an exceptional cohiba, and would likely be highly prized with this amount of age I would think.

When I get my pension next week I may try and buy a fresh one off someone on another forum that is great for finding hard to get smokes, as well as singles and mixed fivers and such of pretty much anything you could be looking for.

Given their popularity, finding one should be pretty easy

Also, I understand now what you meant when you mentioned that my wording confused you.

I certainly do recognize the uniqueness of all the marcas I have had. Every one of them has a unique taste, which is why I value having as much variety as possible in my stash and only buy multiple singles or 3,4 or 5 packs of things instead of boxes.

I couldn't even tell you how many different marcas and vitolas I have in my stash currently, but its a lot, and there are only a few that I have more than 2 or 3 of because they were ones that became all-time favorites and wanted to be able to smoke regularly.

I smoke 1 Cigar a day only typically, and my tupperdoor with a months supply never has the same marca and vitola in it, so I don't have to smoke the same cogar twice in a month or 2, which I really like.

And everyone definitely has a different palate. It obvious in every thread asking for opinions on a Cigar, and in the daily smoke threads.

I was a cigarette smoker for 30 years and just quit about a month ago (that's actually how I got the Espy, as a prize for quitting), and am still waiting for my palate to improve like I'm told by other ex smokers that it will in time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Heels82 said:

Gotta check the balls, they go for those dark areas.  BIC lighter that sucker if you find one.  Rubber bands over your golf pants can work too.  Siglo III is my favorite so far.    

Hope he plucks it off the balls before the bic lighter treatment. Lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Hoze said:

2 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Thanks.
Kinda the answer I expected.
The prices of them, and most cohibas in my opinion, are just crazy, and there are plenty of other cigars that are just as good if not better.
I have a self imposed $25 limit for a single cigar, so there are only 3 Cohibas I ever smoke, and tons of others I like just as much for less money.

My opinion of BHK 56 is that they are terrific tasting, flawlessly made cigars.  I can't fault the cigar for its price.  It's hard to justify paying so much for a cigar but it's also a superb treat that I look forward to when I want one - like today 😁  When the box is empty, it will be a challenging decision to buy another, but that doesn't mean I won't.  CPE, Sig V, and Espy, will always be in my inventory though; I consider each to be worth every penny.

4 hours ago, Alfonso Sánchez said:
My Father Le Bijou 1922 Torpedo.

I have this exact one in my cart to try out with my next order. Always gets rave reviews, so figured I should finally try one