• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

5 hours ago, stevenhaugen said:
Started the day with a Cohiba Siglo I, by lunchtime I was feeling a bit tired so had a Double Espresso with the fiery Davidoff Yamasa Toro. Just finished a Davidoff Escurio Corona Gorda. Likely will attack a RASS or Bolivar Libertador later to finish the day.

How are the yamasa and escurio corona gordas?

Have a yamasa pyramid I haven't tried yet, and smoked a couple of the little escurio primeros, which I enjoyed but didn't care for the size, and the Corona Gordas aren't cheap .

Really don't know much about either, just bought a couple each of like 6 different Davidoffs/zinos to try out as i have really enjoyed the few I have had in the past
@stevenhaugen

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:

MAR DIC 20 Coro. My 31st birthday is tomorrow so starting a day early with the fancy stuff! It’s definitely in a sick period but I can taste the greatness behind it! Lots of graham cracker with bright citrus and honey. Another 3-6 months and these will be firing on all cylinders! 

Happy birthday Karl!  I expect to see the "A" team on the field tomorrow though, not these 2nd stringers. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

How are the yamasa and escurio corona gordas?

Have a yamasa pyramid I haven't tried yet, and smoked a couple of the little escurio primeros, which I enjoyed but didn't care for the size, and the Corona Gordas aren't cheap .

Really don't know much about either, just bought a couple each of like 6 different Davidoffs/zinos to try out as i have really enjoyed the few I have had in the past
@stevenhaugen

@smbauerllc

Davidoff represents a big part of my humidor and my favourite three are the Yamasa, Escurio and Nicaragua lines. The Yamasa is absolutely banging and a very flavourful smoke - because of the land they farm the tobacco on (old swamp land) it's an incredibly firey and rich smoke. My favourite vitola is the Toro which I think brings out the best in the blend although the Piramdes is a close second. I personally find these stronger and richer than my favourite CC, the BBF.

Escurio has the Mato Fino tobacco from Brazil and is a very different type of taste. It's a love/hate thing but I personally love it although not had the Primeros. I find the Toro to again be the best size followed by the Gran Perfecto (make sure you cut this a bit further down otherwise it will explode). The Corona Gorda is also fantastic and my favourite overall vitola of cigar although I don’t think it shows the blend as well as the Toro or Gran Perfecto or maybe just my palate. 

If you are into stronger cigars, definitely try the Nicaragua Box Pressed Toro (it has a few extra ligero leafs in it than the non-box pressed Nicaragua). This was beyond amazing for me.

Enjoy and let me know how you get on :D

1 minute ago, Lrabold89 said:

cbb1c1f7bb9967f866aef27cd0aa04aa.jpg
Practically retro’ed the entire thing emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks old should have posted in the "pretentious" thread 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lrabold89 said:

You mean the @habanamike thread? Lol

Yeah. it's a good thread, I post there sometimes. I think it's more for old-timers who still have old boxes kicking around though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

MAR DIC 20 Coro. My 31st birthday is tomorrow so starting a day early with the fancy stuff! It’s definitely in a sick period but I can taste the greatness behind it! Lots of graham cracker with bright citrus and honey. Another 3-6 months and these will be firing on all cylinders!

Happy birthday Kaptain :)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Happy birthday mate

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 11:40 AM, Lrabold89 said:

Rio seco for me …although that’s not a slight on the San Juan ….truly great blend …..honestly in the last couple years these two have opened me back up to hdm and it’s become one of my top 3 maracas hands down ….the escogidos are great too ….Epi 1, 2, Epi especial ….all winners

You missed the best one… DC