• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

18 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:
Monte from a trade and John Wick 3

How was the monte?
Was just recently gifted one of the EL 2019's and have never heard anything about them.

Planning to sit on mine until a good holiday or something else special comes up, as I'm guessing that they cost more than I'm willing to pay for a single smoke, so its likely to be my only on ever.
@HarveyBoulevard

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

How was the monte?
Was just recently gifted one of the EL 2019's and have never heard anything about them.

Planning to sit on mine until a good holiday or something else special comes up, as I'm guessing that they cost more than I'm willing to pay for a single smoke, so its likely to be my only on ever.
@HarveyBoulevard

It was ok.  Nothing special.  I quit buying anything but regular production a while ago and this is exactly why.  I had an Edmundo right after I finished the EL and the Edmundo blew it away.  Now, it could have been that particular stick, could have been age, could have been a number of things, but in general, my cigar disappointments have dropped significantly since my move to regular production only.

The same applies to the Topes I posted a day or so ago.  I went through about 5 boxes of the EL Topes and have gone through 1 box of the regular production Topes.  Price may have crept into my head a bit but I would take the reg prod Topes over the EL everyday...all day.

If I am going to spend that kind of coin on a cigar, it will be a Siglo VI, not a Monte that can't outperform it's reg prod counterparts.

Bottom line, I liked it, but not enough to buy it.

• Like 2

It was ok.  Nothing special.  I quit buying anything but regular production a while ago and this is exactly why.  I had an Edmundo right after I finished the EL and the Edmundo blew it away.  Now, it could have been that particular stick, could have been age, could have been a number of things, but in general, my cigar disappointments have dropped significantly since my move to regular production only.
The same applies to the Topes I posted a day or so ago.  I went through about 5 boxes of the EL Topes and have gone through 1 box of the regular production Topes.  Price may have crept into my head a bit but I would take the reg prop Topes over the EL everyday...all day.
If I am going to spend that kind of coin on a cigar, it will be a Siglo VI, not a Monte that can't outperform it's reg prop counterparts.
Bottom line, I liked it, but not enough to buy it.
I feel the same way about EL's. Have only ever had a couple I was given and they weren't any better than regular production to me either, so I have no plans to explore that realm of cc's.

Have tried plenty of aged and even Vintage, so it was nice to explore those realms, but I wasn't impressed enough to continue with it.

I do plan to continue exploring ER's though, as I have been very impressed with the handful I have tried so far, but otherwise plan to stick to regular production too.
They are just fine to me, and much cheaper, so I can get more for my limited budget.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:
This week. ML, MdO and Padron were birthday smokes the other day. Wishing a happy belated to @ElJavi76 as well, since we share the same day. 
RAT-FEB-20 Punch Punch Punch A/T
BSM-DIC-20 Media Luna
ULA-MAR-13 MdO4
64 Principe
GEM-DIC-20 Connie A

Nice.
All excellent smokes. Especially the MDO.
I have only been able to scrounge up one, but it was incredible. Plan to try to get more in a private sale on another forum that does it a lot.
Happy belated birthday

7 hours ago, Cigarsmoker81 said:
After two weeks of mostly crappy cigars this siglo 3 made up for them

I can understand.
Yesterday 2 of my 3 smokes just plain sucked.
Trying to redeem it with a HDM le Hoyo de San Juan this morning

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

This week. ML, MdO and Padron were birthday smokes the other day. Wishing a happy belated to @ElJavi76 as well, since we share the same day. 
RAT-FEB-20 Punch Punch Punch A/T

Thanks for the bday wishes SS. Hope you're having a great birthday week as well. 

Cheers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Happy belated birthday

Thank you! 🙏🏽

5 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

Thanks for the bday wishes SS. Hope you're having a great birthday week as well. 

Cheers

Twas a nice day Javio. I hope the same for you hermano. 

• Like 2