• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

7 hours ago, Luca said:
QdO No.54 tonight with a very generous dram of Aultmore 12

How does the 54 compare to the 50 in taste?

Are they the same except for size or are they a different Blend and taste?

Have only had a few of the 50's so far as every vendor I have checked is out of stock on them @Luca

9 hours ago, Raskol said:
C&C time. RYJ Wide Churchill (2018) - 24:24

I enjoyed the few wide churchills I have had. But like the smaller rg of the short Churchills a bit better.

Still excellent smokes though

• Like 2

7 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

How does the 54 compare to the 50 in taste?

Are they the same except for size or are they a different Blend and taste?

Have only had a few of the 50's so far as every vendor I have checked is out of stock on them

From memory the No.50 (I've smoked about 5 or 6) packs a bit more punch in terms of intensity of flavour and strength when aged. Notes of french toast/brioche and nuts. The no.54 is more mild but with notes of brioche, nuts and orange citrus. 

From what I've smoked so far - both the 50 and 54 are not the best to be enjoyed fresh. They are dead when fresh. Reminds me of the QdO Corona - they need 3 or 5 years age on them. Smoking a QdO fresh - all you get is bland tobacco notes.

The 54 I had was aged a bit. These were a lot better than when I first smoked them when they were released. I was in London at a QdO tasting and at the end of the night all I saw was multiple QdOs (50 and 54) half smoked sitting in ashtrays. They started off great in terms of flavour but died after the first inch of smoking.

They need time.

From memory the No.50 (ive smoked aboit 5 or 6) packs a bit more punch in terms of intensity of flavour and strength when aged. Notes of french toast/brioche and nuts. The no.54 is more mild but with notes of brioche, nuts and orange citrus. 
From what I've smoked so far - both the 50 and 54 are not the best to be enjoyed fresh. They are dead when fresh. Reminds me of the QdO Corona - they need 3 or 5 years age on them. Smoking a QdO fresh - all you get is bland tobacco notes.
The 54 I had was aged a bit. These were a lot better than when I first smoked them when they were released. I was in London at a QdO tasting and at the end of the night all I saw was multiple QdOs (50 and 54) half smoked sitting in ashtrays. They started off great in terms of flavour but died after the first inch of smoking.
They need time.
Interesting.
The 50's I have smoked were all 2019 or 2020 and I thought they were great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hotboxx said:

Famoso  started with a Behike 56 which fought me for a half hour before I gave up. Just as well cuz these are fire. 

Sorry to hear about that 56.  What I'm really interested in hearing about is that Gummy Worms pale ale!

You have my attention.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Foundation Cigar The Tabernacle Havana Seed CT No.142 Corona

Extremely tasty and smooth and perfect draw,burn and construction

An all around excellent Cigar.

Even the appearance is great. Nice dark, oily looking wrapper with barely visible seams and veins

Already in my cart for my next nc order

I like the beefy little Tabernacle David. Nutty looking perfecto in Connecticut wrapper. Super tasty for a NC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tmccarthy41 said:

07065e8b016bf4d9983b75b651a3cf53.jpg

Afternoon coffee and a UEB ‘18 Siglo II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool picture!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

Smoking a medio siglo after a day of announcing to family that baby #2 is in the way …feeling very blessed and grateful ..happy Friday all!

Congratulations Brocreator!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

Smoking a medio siglo after a day of announcing to family that baby #2 is in the way …feeling very blessed and grateful ..happy Friday all!

Congratulations to you and the family on your upcoming kiddo!! Great smoke to celebrate the occasion. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fezztone said:

Dip 2 in Old Town San  Diego to watch the Padres and joined by my fiancé. And she hates cigars.  Decent Friday!

Spent many a day after class in Old Town having a cigar and a drink. My Law School used to be in Old Town but has since moved downtown. 

Excellent spot and weather. 

21 minutes ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

Spent many a day after class in Old Town having a cigar and a drink. My Law School used to be in Old Town but has since moved downtown. 

Excellent spot and weather. 

Jefferson school of law? Didn’t know they relocated.  

Just now, Fezztone said:

Jefferson school of law? Didn’t know they relocated.  

Yep, TJSL (Thomas Jefferson SoL).  They sold their buildings in Old Town.  They had two buildings south of where you are/were and built a high rise downtown.  Old Town was a great place for school.  Good food, drink, and cigars.  A student's most pressing needs :)

• Like 3