• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

1 hour ago, Glass Half Full said:

Tried an NC Sunday, but did a casual comparison:  

Daughters of the Wind Salamones vs. Patoro “VA” Belicoso

The Patoro won (to my taste), hands down.  But at close to $30 per stick it damn well should have, …and yet (again, to my taste) it doesn’t compare to a great CC.  (I think HW needs to try more aged CC stock.).  The construction of the Patoro is flawless.  It has a beautiful draw, some mild complexity, …but lacks the funk and full 3/3rds of flavour that wonderful CC’s can bring IMO.

A7192610-3B83-4DF3-96E3-D2390DE0F3AC.jpeg

49129E38-E51E-4188-A2AC-C3C61B10AC11.jpeg

Those Patoro Extra Aged are beyond delicious, and I agree with you the cost is a little steep! Have you heard the stories about the ash? Apparently it’s a delicacy and used to season meats in Spain. Suppose to be salty. I wasn’t brave enough to give it a lick LOL

6 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

How does the 54 compare to the 50 taste-wise?

Love the 50 and would love the same great taste in a bigger vitola

The last I smoked a 50 was about 2 years ago. I thought they were too young. As for the 54, they are more approachable for me. Between the 2, I prefer the 54 due to body(med) & well rounded flavors. 

Hope this helps.

The last I smoked a 50 was about 2 years ago. I thought they were too young. As for the 54, they are more approachable for me. Between the 2, I prefer the 54 due to body(med) & well rounded flavors. 
Hope this helps.

Seems to be the case with everyone I ask for a comparison. Everyone has long since picked their favorite and hasn't smoked the other in quite a while.

Will just to find some 54's in stock and compare myself.

Thanks for responding

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

By any stretch?  Really?  Like, not even debatable?

When you are from Eastern NJ, it seems pretty Mid-West, at least culturally.  It is right near the border of Ohio, which is most definitely considered "Mid-West", so is it really "a stretch" to say that there are cultural similarities?  From the google search I just did, it seems like a hotly debated topic, so clearly there are enough people who at the very least, don't think it is "by any stretch".  But I didn't mean it as an insult, as Mid-West is not a negative term in my mind.

Who said it was negative??  Just calling it as it is.  :)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/pittsburgh/1707149-what-pittsburgh-midwest-northeast-other.html

Remember, I'm from South Cackalacky, so far be it for me to criticize any local.

All good here, just trying to parse out the particulars. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, karp said:
2020 RyJ Churchill. Excellent smooth smoke. Berry sourness, almond, cream, cocoa… no overt cherry but the nutty/sourness could be considered cherry-like…?

I was personally a little underwhelmed by the RyJ Churchill, especially for the price.
It was good, but just nothing special for me.

Plenty of other RyJ's out there that I enjoy more, and are cheaper.

They do show up a lit in these threads and are well received, so maybe I should give them another chance...

20 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

I was personally a little underwhelmed by the RyJ Churchill, especially for the price.
It was good, but just nothing special for me.

I do enjoy these but am having the same thoughts. It boils down to time... for a 2 hour smoke, I'd rather have a Lusitania or Hoyo DC, so I'm on the fence about buying a box of them...

I do enjoy these but am having the same thoughts. It boils down to time... for a 2 hour smoke, I'd rather have a Lusitania or Hoyo DC, so I'm on the fence about buying a box of them...
Oddly enough, everything I smoke lasts right at 1 hour, whether it's an 8x50 or a PC.

No idea why, but that's how it works out for me every time

Haven't looked at box prices for them, so if cheap enough, they may be worthwhile, but bought mine as singles for $23 each, and didn't feel they were worth that price

6 hours ago, RedLantern said:
My best friend got a chance to come by last night so I broke out a siglo III, he’s not much of a smoker so I gave him a Vigia. 

Days are getting shorter and it’s necessary to fire up the patio heater to enjoy an evening cigar these days!
Cigar was great but then turned extremely bitter in the last 1/4 and I put it down much earlier that I usually do

Real shame it turned on you. I love the Siglo's. Great smokes.

I just had a similar experience with an Arturo Fuente Don Carlos 80th Anniversario Personal Reserve yesterday.

All I have smoked have been great, but yesterday's was just extremely bitter the entire time. No idea why, but it really sucked

4 hours ago, havanaclub said:

OSU JUN 02 MdO4. From the Canadian box pass. Wow!!! Probably the best cigar for me in 2021. I do love LGC.

I have a partial box left with the exact same box code. Not a size I reach for often but your experience is tempting me to pull one out. 

• Like 1