• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

4 hours ago, HDGSN said:
Trinidad Fundadores MUP OCT 18
Purchased at Habana Libre in late 2018. I remember being so excited to see a mastercase of these sitting on the shelf.
Paired with Highland Brewing Pilsner
Enjoyed with golf and the pup after yard work and actual work most of the day
I packed this for a vacation 2 weeks ago and did not have the time to get around to it. Just now finding time for a cigar

Nice
Just recently had my first Fundadore and enjoyed it so much that I traded for 5 of them soon after.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:33 AM, JACDO said:
PLPC 
TOS Feb 17
not much luck with this cab thus far….

Me either on this code/cab. Just pulled one out a few days ago to drop into my dry box. Keep checking every 4-6 months…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

A very delicious 2019 media Luna

Look….just forget everything I said about the vigia being a better blend and the topes having a more balanced flavor and blah blah blah ….right now, this one is the best emoji23.png man all these trinis are good …the key is getting one that’s not under filled emoji848.png

Hope you all are having a fantastic Sunday

2020 media luna is the best cigar I have had this month. 2020 Coloniales was the best cigar I had in July. Can't go wrong with trini right now

• Like 4

On 8/29/2021 at 12:33 AM, JACDO said:

PLPC 

TOS Feb 17

not much luck with this cab thus far….😩

Sorry to hear that. I have a Feb 17 cab as well and they have been superb. Looks like I lucked out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

Hey these aren’t gonna blow you away in terms of flavor but they’re pretty frickin good and consistent …little vanilla and cedar …they build in intensity toward the final third …not bad to have around

That's what I usually get, but the creamiest cigar I ever had was an aged Epi 1. Was like drinking a cup of whipping cream.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

Only thing is the cedar can sometimes lend itself to a bit of a cheaper taste

Yeah especially with the Epi 2, but sometimes the Epi 1 too, the cedar/wood can have a real pencil shavings taste. The series le hoyo cigars are less that way.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

How was the hdm? similar to any current production hdm?

It was a very good smoke but not great as previous ones. It's more towards earthiness, wood, leather & hints of coffee. Cream was on/off but not like the creaminess you get from Epi 1 or EE. Body started off mild made its way to solid med after first third.

Construction was good. An enjoyable 70 mins smoke. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rhinoww said:
I have an hour before I need to get ready for a business dinner. Baseball is on. Hmmmm
2018 Coloniales for some smooth peace. This one has the cream of a Hoyo in the first third.

Love the Coloniales too. Excellent smokes and well worth the price for me

14 hours ago, njpinette said:
This Weekend's cigars
IMG_20210828_144334903_HDR.jpg.edc34796c220774986dc9deb0793a4f7.jpg

Nice to see a JLP in there.

Don't see them often in these threads and they don't get much love, but I really enjoy the Cazadores, especially at such a low price.

Actually planning to pick up a box in my October order.

JLP's are a very underrated smoke imho

13 hours ago, Glass Half Full said:
Ramon Allones 8-9-8 ER Alemania (2016, I believe; again from an assorted purchase)
I'm hoping that an eastern European bike trip is still possible for early October, though things in the US are less than promising.  Nevertheless, my wife and I have been trying our best to be ready (which is hard to do in the "lowcountry"; our biggest hill is a bridge, which we are riding back and forth over every day :).  
Worst case, I'll have tried some fun cigars I was hoping to find in B&Ms in Croatia and Slovenia, or in Trieste, and we will be in better shape (despite my cigar fun  )  
Best case, we will be permitted to travel, and I'll get to find some awesome B&M's (or at least one :) along the way.  
I gather from a long-ago post from El Presidente, that there should be a good B&M in Rovinj (belonging to Alen Kosanovic), where we are staying for a night (between crazy long rides ...for me at least; here in the lowcountry, I ride a 3-speed cruiser :)
Would welcome any suggestions!
Thx!

How was the Cigar?

Happen to have the same one in my stash I got recently and haven't seen any feedback/opinions of them

10 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:
Epi 1 UEB 18 ….I think ? UEB seems like my go to code when I can’t remember exactly

Hey these aren’t gonna blow you away in terms of flavor but they’re pretty frickin good and consistent …little vanilla and cedar …they build in intensity toward the final third …not bad to have around

Big fan of the Epicures. Can't go wrong with any vitola in my opinion.

Consistently excellent smokes

4 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Love the Coloniales too. Excellent smokes and well worth the price for me

Nice to see a JLP in there.

Don't see them often in these threads and they don't get much love, but I really enjoy the Cazadores, especially at such a low price.

Actually planning to pick up a box in my October order.

JLP's are a very underrated smoke imho

How was the Cigar?

Happen to have the same one in my stash I got recently and haven't seen any feedback/opinions of them

Big fan of the Epicures. Can't go wrong with any vitola in my opinion.

Consistently excellent smokes

The Ramon Alones 8-9-9 was very good, ...but unfortunately my expectations were high, so it didn't strike me as remarkably good. (I'd seen some other write-ups praising it, so had high hopes.)  It had 3/3rds, some progression though subtle, certainly milder than I'd expected.  Took two relights, ...though the soft retros were a saving grace, and remain in my mind today.   Hope that's helpful.  ...Don't know if it argues for a longer hold or a "smoke now" :)

All the best,