• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

9 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

If I'm in the mood for something mild, I'd pick the 50, for something a fair bit stronger, the 54.

It really depends on the box. My 50s were reliably stronger than my 54s. I’ve seen reports on QdO that are all over the place, but the montesco size is typically a milder format.

5 hours ago, RDB said:
It really depends on the box. My 50s were reliably stronger than my 54s. I’ve seen reports on QdO that are all over the place, but the montesco size is typically a milder format.

It had been a while since I had a 50, but i did think it seemed much milder than I remembered, so you seem to be correct.

Plus mine were bought as singles, so may not be from the same box even.

Kinda sucks they would be all over the place like your saying.

Much nicer to know what to expect when you choose a smoke.

Thanks for your info

13 hours ago, HDGSN said:
Cohiba Coronas Especiales SOP JUN 20
Enjoyed the day after arriving and slightly underfilled. The result is mostly toasted tobacco and ash. Will try again after 60 days but probably let them rest another year.
EDITED TO ADD:
Finishing up now. Just a mediocre cigar, but promising signs. Definitely just a matter of letting them rest a year or two.

Mine are also 2020's and the couple I have had after just a month to rest and acclimate have been excellent. Also definitely weren't under filled as all have needed some work with the Perfecdraw to be smokable.

Bummer you got a bad one. Always sucks getting disappointed after anticipating a good Cigar.

Also for as much as they cost, they should really be perfectly constructed, every time.

No excuse for a roughly $25+ Cigar to have any kind of issues, imho

13 hours ago, Rupe said:
RyJ Petite Royale

@Rupe

How was it?

Considering picking some up one of these days as they get pretty favorable comments/reviews from most people.

Just have shied away from getting some being such a short length.

Not much of a fan of anything under 5", but there have been exceptions for sure.

How long was the smoke time for you?

7 hours ago, Raskol said:

H. Upmann Noellas LCDH from our gracious host.. Happy Father's Day... To all the fathers...

I just smoked original release a few days ago! No longer have box but believe it was 09 or 10. Glad I have a few left. So complex and rich on the palate. Dont see another September cigar coming close.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Raskol said:

Haven't smoked one since early 2020. How was this one for you? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Romeo y Julieta is definitely not my favourite marca. Usually only have the Cazadores and Churchills in my humidor.

And I have been disappointed on more than one occasion with the Edición Limitada releases.

That being said, this particular cigar is very enjoyable to me. So much so, that I wish that I had purchased another box.

A wonderful blend of subtle sweetness and baking spices. Thick rich smoke that provides a wonderful mouthfeel. Solid medium with gradual intensity towards the third and final act. Should continue to age quite nicely.

No construction or combustion issues whatsoever. Simply a very well rolled sobrasaliente.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1