• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

1 hour ago, patrickamory said:

People are always so positive about PLPCs, but I'm three sticks in to a quarter cab I bought in July (don't know the date), and they are just tasting thin and bitter to me. It's a slightly grassy taste that reminds me of SCDH Principes, which I also don't get. No caramel as reported by others. More time, bad luck, or just not to my taste?

The caramel comes with 5+ years of age on these! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lord Verulam said:

2017 plpc ….not gonna lie, these taste cheap to me ….smooth ..can’t fault em …but every one from this box taste like a cheapie …..I usually expect a little more from a plpc ..especially with at least 4 yrs ….I’ve had many spectacular ones ….maybe just let these nap longer ..although not much rough edge to smooth Out …flavor just not there

I have some of these--they definitely are not ready for prime time--I continue to have confidence they will get there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ReturnFreeRisk said:
This has gotten better with a bit of time. In CC terms this flavor profile crosses a bit with a Allones and Robaina. A few boxes of 2021 Chefs Edition landed today so I have Davidoff on the mind…

Nice.
With the last stimulus check I splurged on trying some pricier cigars, Davidoff's in particular, and really wasn't impressed with most of them, especially for the price.

I do really enjoy several in the Zino line though, and they are still pricey for an nc, but cheaper than the average Davidoff, and worth the little extra to me

16 hours ago, Rupe said:
Fonseca #1

Really love these, but a little hard to find currently.
@Rupe

How are they with 6 years on them?

Mine are 2018's and smoke very well to me.

Curious how they are with double the age...

16 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:
Wonderful MSU DIC 18 Coronas Claros.

These seem to be more popular and more highly regarded than the delicious 50' and 54's.

14 hours ago, patrickamory said:
Man I want to try a Lancero someday. I've only been smoking Cubans for 9 months, and I don't think I've ever seen one for sale
Lotta Coloniales in this thread recently! 

15 years cigar smoker here, and I have never had one or seen them available either.

That's because the Coloniales are outstanding smokes.

Smoke well above their price imho.

One of my favorite smokes and one of my goto's

13 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:
The caramel comes with 5+ years of age on these! 

I have enjoyed the ones I have had in the 2019 and 2020 box dates range, just fine.

I feel they live up to their relatively low price

Much prefer the Montecarlos though. Probably my favorite skinny smoke, and the one I have had so far was incredible.

Definitely improve considerably with age

12 hours ago, coug28 said:
I have probably 3 or 4 Liga Privada T52s left that are circa 2008-2010. These were hands down one of my favorite, if not my favorite NCs…along with a select few under the Tatuaje brand. Literally the only NC cigars left in my wine fridge. Can’t bring myself to smoke em either. Saving them for nostalgia alone perhaps?! 

Adding a pic…just cause I had to go check on my old homies & say whats up 

Haven't smoked the Single T52 I have, but based on popularity and comments from forum members, highly suspect I will really enjoy it.

The other Tatuajes and Liga Privadas I have tried have all been great smokes.

Quickly became my second favorite nc marcas, only beating by a little by Arturo Fuentes

12 hours ago, djrey said:
I have a few cigars like that. They will never be smoked because looking at them reminds me of some amazing memories of times past.

I too have some smokes that I say I will smoke on very special occasions, but honestly hate to as most are pricey EL's, so I will likely never be able to replace them.

But, Cigars are meant to be smoked, not collected, so will be smoking my first one, which will be my first EL, when my deceased son's birthday rolls around on May 25th.

That is the only occasion I will smoke them on though

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:
20 PLMC - just an outstanding smoke. To be fair - if it wasn't for my Perfecdraw, this would have went right in the trash but I'm so happy it didn't because it is smoking wonderfully.

Love the PLMC too, and also have had the majority require some work with my Perfecdraw tool to be smokable, and this has been the case across a number of different boxes.

If you think recent production ones are great you really need to try one with about 5 years on them.

• Like 1

Nice.
With the last stimulus check I splurged on trying some pricier cigars, Davidoff's in particular, and really wasn't impressed with most of them, especially for the price.

I do really enjoy several in the Zino line though, and they are still pricey for an nc, but cheaper than the average Davidoff, and worth the little extra to me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Agree that the price to performance ratio can be tough call; my buying of most of their stuff is halted. I am now only an annual Chefs Edition buyer because the high complexity and interesting evolution with aging is truly impressive and still warrants the high price imho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, ReturnFreeRisk said:
Agree that the price to performance ratio can be tough call; my buying of most of their stuff is halted. I am now only an annual Chefs Edition buyer because the high complexity and interesting evolution with aging is truly impressive and still warrants the high price imho

Have never even heard of that one before.

Will have to Google it and possibly pick up a few to try.

What do you think of "the late hour"?

Pretty expensive but have been seriously considering getting some as they get pretty positive comments across all the forums I follow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Bigpink said:
The cigar so nice I smoked it twice

HUHC?

Hard to tell from just a picture for me.

Really love to HUHC flavor profile, but they are just too small and quick for my liking.

Wish they made the same blend in a pc or larger...

12 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

HUHC?

Hard to tell from just a picture for me.

Really love to HUHC flavor profile, but they are just too small and quick for my liking.

Wish they made the same blend in a pc or larger...

Yes! I love the size because sometimes only want a nub, but yes I agree that the blend is awesome and would make for a fantastic full sized corona