• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Yes I am. I'm off from 3/8 to 3/18 and I'm enjoying the free time while I can. Although I will only smoke 1-2 a day then its back to my 1-2 a week regimen.

Plus I only smoked three in MTL so I need to catch up :P

Enjoy the holiday!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

2009 Monte Especial #2. Wow, what a strong smoke!! Spice and chocolate to start, with aromas of hemp. Very nice, but will need some more years to come together. These have legs to go loooooong way !!

How was that Valiosos? They’ve been tempting me but haven’t bought one yet. Would like to hear your thoughts on them.

Delicious! I was very pleased with the way they are coming along as this is my first in about a year. Medium profile with great flavors including baked bread and roasted nuts, voluminous smoke, with a razor sharp burn. About 80 minutes smoke time. Well worth trying a single.

Still see these readily available at most shops I frequent in Zurich. For under 20chf it gives you a bit of age compared to the more recent Suiza RE's which sell for the same or a bit higher.

I would also try the 08 JL Maximos RE if you stumble across a few of them.

Delicious! I was very pleased with the way they are coming along as this is my first in about a year. Medium profile with great flavors including baked bread and roasted nuts, voluminous smoke, with a razor sharp burn. About 80 minutes smoke time. Well worth trying a single.

Still see these readily available at most shops I frequent in Zurich. For under 20chf it gives you a bit of age compared to the more recent Suiza RE's which sell for the same or a bit higher.

I would also try the 08 JL Maximos RE if you stumble across a few of them.

Thanks a lot for the heads up. Have indeed still seen quite a few of these around in Zurich, will give them a try for sure now. Thanks again.

Thats pretty darn young.

Have had a couple 2012 (none that young) and they did not impress at all. 2011 was only slightly better.

So tempted by all the sales here and at other vendors recently, but scared away from buying lousy $25-35 cigars...

I tend to think these will come around (believing that the OR were being held back for awhile to make a splash). But we'll see. Will try one in a couple of weeks and post my thoughts.

How was it? I had a single a few days ago and it was horrible due to bad construction sad.png

Tastes like straight seco. QdO blend is too light for the EL seco methinks.

Honestly, I really enjoyed it. I didn't find it too light / too much seco. No where near that, IMO. Lightest on up, I'd put LGC, then QdO, then Cohiba, then Trinidad. But I found these about on par with Trinidad. Which, is weird, because I think the Trinidad Robusto T is about as light as some LGC offerings, but then that the QdO robusto is about as strong as Trinidad Coloniales.

I found it really good actually. Not a lot of age on them, but only a slight harsh tone right at the mid-way point (diappeared very quickly, and finished great). Gave it a solid 92, figure these will get 94-96 with an easy 3-5 years more on them. Tones of honey, bergamot tea (that slight citrus/floral tone of herbal tea), fresh leather, and almost some white chocolate hints. Really lovely, and a nice pace changer for me from my other RA, Cohiba, and Monte favorites.

I too am a huge fan of the QDO Sup. They are smoking great from my box right now and I have had about 7 or so. They really do hit some notes for me when it comes to intense flavors but ones that aren't overbearing. Just the right flavor for the strength of the cigar.

On deck:

mTbqg8ll.jpg

98 SLR Lons (thanks Art or Tom... Can't remember who gave me this specific one)