• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Sooo, that double post thing is still happening eh?

Could have done one here as the post above is still 'saving' in another window. I've learned that when the site times out, even it if says the operation couldn't be completed, the post gets posted!

• Like 1

Could have done one here as the post above is still 'saving' in another window. I've learned that when the site times out, even it if says the operation couldn't be completed, the post gets posted!

I have found the same and never try to resend, but it still likes to double up. I guess tapatalk thinks I need to make up for the couple of years that I was just lurking and buying on here!

How was it ...thought about starting a box last night.

Not a bad smoke but nothing to write home about.

On the lighter side of medium, some cedar, light toast and mild spice. Didn't develop much from beginning to end.

I am hoping they improve in the coming months, don't think I'd rush out to get another box.....

• Like 1

Romeo de Luxe with the lucky dots!

How'd you fancy them, Mike?

Aside: I just heard about the 'lucky dots' a few days ago from a good mate. He said it signified luck and I called him a voodoo witch doctor.

Was there a thread on this a while back or is this just a coincidence of two separate people's similar train of thought?

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

On the lighter side of medium, some cedar, light toast and mild spice.

Hmmmmmmm... sounds like an RyJ (good, quintessential flavoured one) then! You're lucky then as mine smoked like a Guantanamera. No joke.

Might get better with a year or so of age. But you should know with your experience, Mike, that it may very well not be the case with LES in general... unfortunately :(

How'd you fancy them, Mike?

Aside: I just heard about the 'lucky dots' a few days ago from a good mate. He said it signified luck and I called him a voodoo witch doctor.

Was there a thread on this a while back or is this just a coincidence of two separate people's similar train of thought?

Seems to have become a cigar meme, I've seen may people refer to the white spots on the ash as such. That as well as flavor spots....

I could actually see small bumps on the wrapper that are what I believe resulted in the whit spots.

Hmmmmmmm... sounds like an RyJ (good, quintessential flavoured one) then! You're lucky then as mine smoked like a Guantanamera. No joke.

Might get better with a year or so of age. But you should know with your experience, Mike, that it may very well not be the case with LES in general... unfortunately sad.png

True, interesting that the wrapper is not typical of an LE (lighter colored, not as thick/heavy) so maybe they'll turn in to something in the near term though may not have legs for years of aging.

We'll see though, don't plan to light another one in 2014 at any rate.

True, interesting that the wrapper is not typical of an LE (lighter colored, not as thick/heavy) so maybe they'll turn in to something in the near term though may not have legs for years of aging..

Punch 13 as well. Those were a pleasant surprise. Perhaps they've finally realised the dark wrappers really turn people off? Wait- we're talking about Habanos.. :lol: :lol:

But like a few good LEs, there's a good chance they're only in their prime within a year or so only.

Back on the RyJs! Will be interesting, yes. But personally, they're too much to even buy a box for me to lay down. Too many other good cigars from '13 to lay down for a bit!

Stay strong, Mike! Stay strong!

Punch 13 as well. Those were a pleasant surprise. Perhaps they've finally realised the dark wrappers really turn people off? Wait- we're talking about Habanos.. laugh.pnglaugh.png

But like a few good LEs, there's a good chance they're only in their prime within a year or so only.

Back on the RyJs! Will be interesting, yes. But personally, they're too much to even buy a box for me to lay down. Too many other good cigars from '13 to lay down for a bit!

Stay strong, Mike! Stay strong!

Agree on the cost, many other boxes available that could have been had for that.

Love the tiny pie avatar...well done!

• Like 2

Not a bad smoke but nothing to write home about.

On the lighter side of medium, some cedar, light toast and mild spice. Didn't develop much from beginning to end.

I am hoping they improve in the coming months, don't think I'd rush out to get another box.....

Thanks might hold off for a bit...

Love the tiny pie avatar...well done!

Don't thank me! Thank Ross (Colt45) for scribbling the do! ^_^

Aside: Small, tight pies are always better. Maybe with some meat inside too.

Small, Game pies. Mmmmm. Much better when they're wild, free-range game.

might hold off for a bit...

Don't hold too long. Aren't getting any cheaper...

Im personally just holding on them. Full stop! :lol:

ERDM petit compania RE France from 09 courtesy of Charlton, highly enjoyable, not worth the $20+ price, still fairly young tasting for a 5 year old ERDM but has a great blend foundation, loved the size for a 80 min smoke

ENE 14 Conn A....this example seems sick compared to earlier examples I have had from same box

post-5667-0-68873900-1407633015_thumb.jp

post-5667-0-69148200-1407633025_thumb.jp

• Like 3

I unfortunately just finished a monte petite no 2. It was terrible, then read the two review threads on it and thought it was just me, watched the czars video and felt a little better. Nearly lit a JLP cazzie (that I got for free) to get rid of the taste or lack there of. I'm glad I got this ten box cheap. RAE NOV 13. Only positive is copious smoke of which I'm a fan.

I was digging in my MGR DIC 12 box before I got this one. Both boxes are smoking great, but I like MER JUL 13 HQ better. I think I will smoke these first :)

Good to know, thanks mate. Maybe I'll give it a try too altough my mar 12 box is incredible.