FOH'ers Daily Smoke

Last night enjoyed a wonderful Siglo IV from an 08 box. This is my favorite in the Siglo line. Sunday night, had a RA Belicoso 05. These are smoking very nicely right now, just a wonderfully balanced, smooth and complex cigar.

• Replies 88k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Yesteray afternoon I enjoyed a H.Upmann Mag 46 whilst out in the back courtyard cleaning the place up a little.

It had been lying in the humidor undetected for around 9 months.

Smooth oily wrapper, perfect construction and great draw with a nice resistance and good smoke production. Absolute even burn and didn't go out once in the time it took to tidy up. Approximately 2 hours.

It had some grassy notes with hay and some sweetnes. It is a mild cigar but with a full body (Reminds me of a milder version of a Bolivar Belicosos Finos), no harshness whatsoever. And then it developed with Nuts, Honey, Resinous flavours, slightly bitter tones. Then roasted almonds, caramel, mossy, coffee,notes of wood, herbs, cinnamon, vanilla and orangepeel. I loved it. :rotfl:

The only problem is that at the very end, last third, I sensed a little amonia. Unsure if it was the nicotine??

I enjoyed a rather nice 11 yo Party 898V while driving around looking for gifts for my wife. This was really a wonderful cigar with a lot of traits not found in a lot of current production. Is it the cigar, the vintage? Who knows but I was rewarded with a nice smoke none the less. Cheers, -Piggy

Cuaba Generoso

Punch Punch

Didn't really get to smoke as much as I wanted during the holidays. Just too much going on and lots of travelling. Not to mention the frigid and rainy weather in the Northeast.

Hi all had a P Lusitania on new years eve, another disappointment every time i try them they always leave me wanting more, in regard to flavor.

Have tried quiet a few over the years and to be honest i cannot see what the fuss is all about,maybe there just not up my flavor profile ally :lol: (not exactly a Cuban powerhouse of flavor) try before you buy is always a good philosophy .

Will have another H Upman mag 48EL today or tonight these are absolute gems my only critique is they are to small :yes:, may be if they become standard issue they will follow the size structure of their siblings.

The best cigar I have had of late was the Cohiba Lancero never had one before (mainly been a thick ring gauge guy)I can see that I might have to re think my Modus operandi ,these babies are excellent will not bore with review as i do not have time at the moment suffice to say they were EXCELLENT :D:cigar: ,constantly evolving,next time I have one will do a review.

Now i have to work out what i want to buy this year too many choices (well not the way Habanos is going :D )

Cheers Oz :angry:

Hi all had a P Lusitania on new years eve, another disappointment every time i try them they always leave me wanting more, in regard to flavor.

Have tried quiet a few over the years and to be honest i cannot see what the fuss is all about,maybe there just not up my flavor profile ally ;) (not exactly a Cuban powerhouse of flavor) try before you buy is always a good philosophy .

Will have another H Upman mag 48EL today or tonight these are absolute gems my only critique is they are to small :yes:, may be if they become standard issue they will follow the size structure of their siblings.

The best cigar I have had of late was the Cohiba Lancero never had one before (mainly been a thick ring gauge guy)I can see that I might have to re think my Modus operandi ,these babies are excellent will not bore with review as i do not have time at the moment suffice to say they were EXCELLENT :D:) ,constantly evolving,next time I have one will do a review.

Now i have to work out what i want to buy this year too many choices (well not the way Habanos is going :angry: )

Cheers Oz :party:

You love those 48's steve!

Monty 2 tonight from a 3pk. Enjoyable but maybe not one of the better ones people speak of. had some padron 1964 last few days. great but expensive to buy from here. w/o mentioning prices can smoke cohiba's for less. good for a change-up

this morning was a 97 R&J Celestiales Finos gifted by a generous BOTL, tasty for sure but IMO not worth the hassle of tracking down a box.

Smoked a Partagas Serie D No. 5 EL 2008 last night. What an utter disappointment. Started out nice enough with the tradional sweet pepperiness that often accompanies a Partagas, but after the first quarter of this short fat smoke the burn started to waver, the ash became flaky and I had to relight the cigar 3x. That's a lot for a vitola that is this short. Towards the last third the cigar got fairly bitter. Pretty uncommon for me with this larger ring gauge cigars. I attribute it to the multiple relights. In short...it pales in comparions to its big brother the PSD4. Have a few more of these in the humidor...if the others smoke like this one...I won't be buying a box of these anytime soon. It's sad, as I really love the Partagas marca in general.