• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Partagas 2001 SDC No. 2 with Dale's Deviant IPA and the infamous deadly egg cup of Patron XO café tequila while watching the last session of the cricket on the balcony. Mitchell Johnson acknowledges the calming effects of the aged Partagas and fails to threaten with the ball. Maybe I should have stocked up on Monte Open for such occasions...no!

post-192-0-88695100-1418973802_thumb.jpg

post-192-0-96766000-1418973822_thumb.jpg

KOhBaJu.jpg

Arturo Fuente Opus X Double Corona. I intended for this cigar to be a nice departure from all the CCs I've had recently, but I was left extremely disappointed. Let's just say that this is a validation of why I stopped actively purchasing non-CCs in the first place. The first inch was enjoyable, with some interesting fruit-like, sweet but also spicy flavors. Everything after that was just miserable with regard to flavor; there was a sharp transition to a barnyard flavor around the second and third inch, and then just harsh and bitter tobacco flavor. What I find to plague non-CCs the most is this sort of "stale" aftertaste that sits in the mouth after most draws; it got so bad that I simply needed to get some wine to clean my palate in order to get through most of this cigar (I don't normally drink alcohol with cigars as I find they tend to get in the way of my personal enjoyment). Nevertheless, I cut this cigar short with about 2.5 inches remaining. Outside of the solid construction and decent first inch, I found this cigar to just be uninviting and just plain bad. I tried my best to smoke slowly and still got a solid 2.5 hours out of it. I really thought I'd fall in love with this cigar (I bought it as a celebratory gift for the close of the semester) and, at first, I found the unique aroma very enticing, but ultimately I was left with a headache and a bad taste in my mouth.

We live and we learn. Extravagant costs don't necessarily translate to a pleasant cigar.

• Like 1