• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Had my first BHK56 last night. That completes the troika. No review on the stick as I just wanted to enjoy one. Sat down with fellow FOH CDNeh last night for drinks atop the Park Hyatt Toronto, great spot.

Some tasting notes on the BHK56

Opened up with sweet creamy tastes, almost honey like, sweet corn and bread. Loads of leather and coffee throughout, some toasted tobacco. Bean flavours appeared in the final third along with anise. Which I'm wondering if some of you refer to this taste as menthol. :spotlight: Strength wise, the cigar built up slowly throughout but was never overwhelming. A good tobacco buzz was the end result, which is not surprising given the size of this stick and its relative youth. Overall, a very smooth tasting cigar. Having had all three BHK's my order of preference thus far is 54 / 56 / 52. Perhaps later in the summer I'll pick up another 56 and do a proper review.

Cheers.

Frank

Had my first BHK56 last night. That completes the troika. No review on the stick as I just wanted to enjoy one. Sat down with fellow FOH CDNeh last night for drinks atop the Park Hyatt Toronto, great spot.

Some tasting notes on the BHK56

Opened up with sweet creamy tastes, almost honey like, sweet corn and bread. Loads of leather and coffee throughout, some toasted tobacco. Bean flavours appeared in the final third along with anise. Which I'm wondering if some of you refer to this taste as menthol. :spotlight: Strength wise, the cigar built up slowly throughout but was never overwhelming. A good tobacco buzz was the end result, which is not surprising given the size of this stick and its relative youth. Overall, a very smooth tasting cigar. Having had all three BHK's my order of preference thus far is 54 / 56 / 52. Perhaps later in the summer I'll pick up another 56 and do a proper review.

Cheers.

Frank

loved reading your other bhk reviews...looking fwd to the 56 review...

hopefully will be able to compare notes soon...

Ramon Allones Small Club Corona... I've heard Ken talk about Old Lady's Handbag before... Getting that big time from this cigar. Very interesting, oily, leathery, musty flavor.

Having a LGC MdO #3 right now. Box code OSU JUN 2002. It is smooth and sweet. Excellent draw. A shame they were discontinued!

another cigar enjoyed by the fireside......again (gotta love good neighbours, especially those that like to eat and drink well!!!)...this time a party short, just glorious, plenty of flavours to keep the interest.

Recent production, by that I mean '08/09 (i think, no older) and been resting in a the desktop humi, sometime soon I 'll be smoking one of my partagas lusitanias that have been resting for a few months....... it's all about the timing.....

haveagoodweekend!!!

Had my second ever Cohbia Siglo VI tonight. I just wanted to take a few notes but went overboard a bit. Overall a very intriguing cigar. Loaded with sweetness right up to the middle of the 3rd third. Very similar in profile to some Trinidads I've smoked which I equate to being "sweet" cigars. I'll post a full review in a day or two..no pictures though.

Cheers

BW

^I'm not a huge fan of the sig vi for some reason. I do love the first third though, second less and dislike the back third. I have an OR vi from 03 I will smoke when the weather heats up. I do love the iv and i.

I don't know why I bought a new box of these but I must admit these EL made ones look magnificent. Maybe I'll crack them open in 5.

Had an 08 VR Famoso today. The cigar was pretty good, but not great. Maybe a 90/91. It's flavors are in that period between young and aged. Just starting develop a bit of honey/sugar sweetness and nuts to go along with coffee/cream/wood that was there from the start. However, this was the most PERFECTLY constructed CC I have ever smoked. It was rolled tight. Very firm and very heavy in the hand. I was reasonably certain I would have draw problems on this, but once I clipped it, it drew just fine. Smoke volume was off the charts, and it took me a full 90 minutes to finish. Razor sharp burn and a perfectly symmetrical 1/2 inch cone all the way.

Partagas SDC 1 from a 2006 box....wow! This was one of the best cigars I've had in a while.....truly representative of an old school habanos. Lovely sweet/savory spices, wood, leather and coffee bean aromas/notes throughout. Burn and draw were perfect. Luckily only my second one from the box. It is a crying shame they discontinued this wonderful cigar!