• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Party Princess -05. Can't stop wondering how delicious these little cheap ones really are.

Out with a few of the Toronto FOH guys and smoked a custom Corona last night rolled by Jorge Lopez, who was rolling his monsdale blend at the LCDH here yesterday and today.

A damn fine cigar.

Had not smoked a Monte 4 in quite a while. The majority of the time I quite like these cigars and I very rarely get a dud. Last night, however was an exception. it was a complete dog rocket. Tossed it after 10 min.

Another Partagas SDC 1 from 2006....having trouble keeping my hands off these....lovely balance of spices, leather and a subtle sweetness that reminded me of cookie dough...

Non-Cuban for me tonight, Quesada Seleccion Espana, Damn fine cigar, probably one of the best non-cubans i've had so far, defenilty worthy of a box purchase

Today brought a trip to London, and an opportunity to catch up on a couple of weeks without a cigar.

The pre-lunch session comprised of a Le Hoyo du Maire and an RyJ Cedros No3. Both were pretty good, though the du Maire had a pretty tight draw towards the end.

After a fairly lazy lunch we headed down to another shop and its constituent sampling area. Despite having planned for something along the lines of a Sir Winston, time was unfortunately against us, so I scaled down my choice (quite considerably!) and gave the new UK Regional Edition (the LFdC Short Robusto) a quick test drive. All I could think of was butter - beurre blanc and scallops... It was a remarkably smooth and tasty cigar for something which was made barely four months ago, however, it was a little one-dimensional, lacking some development as it burned along.

Diplomatico No. 4 FEB 09

An enjoyable smoke that lasted better than an hour. Medium rich flavours of nuts, earth, caramel and cumin came to mind. Smooth from start to finish. A couple a relights required so possibly a bit moist. Checked humidity in my storage bin: 66/67 (I keep two digital hygrometers 'cause I'm paranoid and otherwise can't sleep at night). Could have benefited from a day in dry box. Paired with a Cuban Screw (the drink boys, the drink) after an early supper. Very enjoyable.

Sunday I had a 3 cigar day, Partagas short with my morning coffee and the british grand prix, I had a Padron 1926 no.2 maduro (a stellar stellar cigar that rivals its cuban torpedo/belicoso counterparts, a box press figurado, such a nice complex cigar) and I finished my evening with a PLPC under tmac77's recomendations, and boy was he right, the plcp I had was from jun10 bought at the lcdh in montreal, and it was so good even as young as it was, and I saw the fantastic aging potential...essentially it was a STELLAR cigar day.

Partagas short ROTT and then an HDM Des Dieux '03. I cannot stop smoking these phenomenal cigars...makes me want to sell all the others for them.

Smoked my frist ra gigante which was good if not a bit mild and one dimensional. Draw had no resistance and it was rolled at the partagas factory which was disappointing. I found myself getting a little bored at the end, not quite sure why they don't roll complex big cigars, they are the ones that need to be complex to be entertaining enough to enjoy down to the nub with all that cylindrical real estate. Ended up tossing it with still about an inch to spare to light up an 05 edmundo. I'm not a monte guy but was a pretty good smoke.

Now where are my aged d4s and rass.