• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

'03 HDM DD out of a new cab. So far each cab I have tried from the same year is a different cigar...this wrapper is a light-green. Very different in color from the other samples. Tastes very good so far...time to rest them for awhile.

VR Classico 01 sale cigar.

These have been hit or miss. The wrappers smell like ammonia but don't taste it. Smokes half the box in the three years I have had them. This is one of the better ones Most were very light and semi bitter. This one has the VR profile with a little cocoa. Picking up more strength as I smoke it.

I love the size/rg.

Thank you

Kwg116

Smoking a nice NC right now. Illusione Epernay. Really an underrated nicaraguan puro. Soft leather, gentle spice to it. A wonderful little smoke on a 97 degree evening on the deck.

Enjoyed a lovely Punch DC from 2005. A very refined, smooth and cool smoke. Plenty of smoke volume on this one. Wonderful burn/draw and aromas of earth, chocolate and fruit....

a beautiful BPC this morning with coffee, a few months have done incredible wonders for this cigar, and tonight, well after buying a box of HQ Mag 46's, i'm going to smoke a mag 46 thats been in my humi for a while...so I know what a regular one tastes like before trying Robs HQ selection.

Working my way through a Partagas Culebra this afternoon. Very nice, loving the flavor. I've yet to be disappointed by a Partagas.

Yesterday I smoked a Partagas EL 2000. A good and strong cigar, but without an explanation I believe it was a fake.

post-7691-1311420356.jpg

An hour later smoked a Punch RS#12 -09, which was excellent. A way ahead the EL.

post-7691-1311420365.jpg

Crappy weather today so spent much of my time around home which allowed lots of time for somking.

Started the day with my 'go to' RASCC (excellent as usual) followed later by a partagas 898 varnished (my 2nd ever but not my last, will get a box of these) then a HU Sir Winston (call me uncultured but I didn't find it as H Hupmanish as their nice and peppery Coronas Major- maybe I'm missing something) and finished up the day with another RASCC.

That was a long sentence.

Great cigar day.

Started the day with a DPG JJ Lancero. Great breakfast stick.

Liga Privada T52 robusto, meh. Doesn't turn my crank.

2003 Cohiba EL Double Corona (Thanks TJ). The cigar was awesome!!!!

Behike 56. Gorgeous stick as well. Lots of torque on this one.

Finished the night with a Bolivar PC. Very tasty little cigar.

The End

A weekend in the country presented an excellent opportunity to get acquainted with examples from three brands I had yet to experience: Vegas Robaina, H. Upmann, and San Cristobal.

Vegas Robaina. I smoked a Famosos, an Unicos, and a Familiar, in that order.

Impeccable construction on the first two, however the Familiar had a draw that was far too tight. At cold aroma is pronounced sweetness with a hint of molasses (see below). The uniformity of the flavor profile between the different vitolas surprised me. This was also the case when lit. So very smooth. Medium strength and medium body. The flavor confounded me, and it is only now that I have had some time to process that I suggest molasses. The smoke also had what could only be described as a soapy aftertaste – can’t say it was pleasant, but it wasn’t too distracting either. Not much for evolution through the thirds. Razor sharp burn line.

Overall impressions of quality and consistency. My favorite was the Unicos as it had the most relaxed draw and seemed to have a bit brighter taste. Will I smoke more VR? Certainly. Will I buy by the box? Not likely. However a handful of Unicos could easy find a place in the storage bin.

H. Upmann Magnum 46: I expected a powerful cigar with rough edges (see Rob’s Mustang vs Jag description on the Czars website), but it turned out to be a pleasant, smooth, medium-full smoke. As for the specifics of taste and construction: I’m 100% with what Rob says. Pleasantly surprised. Likely to be a box purchase in the near future.

San Cristobal De La Habana La Fuerza: Another pleasant surprise. Light body and very smooth. I kept thinking of sipping on a frothy espresso made from Italian coffee and taking bites of milk chocolate. If you are looking for a cigar to offer to someone who does not smoke regularly, this might be the one.

Cracking day watching some wonderful Test Match cricket (even if it was not always going in England's favour). Decided to head into the garden, as it was sunny for the first time in about three years, and have a Rocky Patel 1990 Vintage Petit Corona whilst listening to Test Match Special on the radio.

Cigar was not as good as the cricket! Not a bad first half, but the second half was just 'meh'... Distinctly average, though never unpleasant.

I picked an average cigar, a Party PCE -08 and smoked it. Quite good indeed, but not even close to the best I have ever smoked. :yes:

RyJ Short Churchill ABR 10, good smoke, nothing overly complex, but still very solid, great afternoon smoke

09 PSD4 Today, and it is extremely good, one of the better from this box for sure. New Oliva V #4 from this years IPCPR was yesterday, and it was a powerhouse of flavor and strength, extremely good especially since I don't care for much of Oliva's products.

post-7988-1311542832.jpg

post-7988-1311542851.jpg