• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

1: How was the cigar?

2: you need a proper ashtray

1-Cigar was good, cream and woodsiness, a bit bitter towards the end, but overall these monte 2's from 2010 have been great.

2-My birthday is in a month shlomo, so now you know what to get me :)

Yesterday morning I had a Partagas short, and then a Tatuaje prototype on the golf course, and then an RASCC after grilling on the deck...today I am thinking Upmann no.2 and then an 898 tonight...good stuff.

Bolivar PC this afternoon with cup of coffee...maybe a cigar tonight with the yankees game...

This weekend's robustos:

RyJ Exhibicion #4 was ok I suppose.

El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme was better.

St Luis Rey Regios was best.

Crisis: A plugged BPC and it tasted of green grass goo from under the lawnmower! Tossed after 1 cm of burn.

Redemption: Next one out of the box was just a beautiful rich Bolivar.

La flor de cano selectos April 10.

Great cigar. Split a box last year and smoked one and ordered a box for myself. This is really a great cheap cigar. perfect burn and medium bodied. Not overly complex but good Cuban tobacco. I like the newer handmade version.

Also smoked a LFDC corona from 1998. I know these are very sought after. Glad I have a few left. But for the price this selecto was better.

Thank you

Keg116

Finished up a Partagas Salamone LRE DIC 09. My feelings are mixed on this cigar, it is a good and tasty cigar, but it should be more than that. Perhaps they just need a bit more time to come into their own, after all they're barely 18 months old.

Partagas short with a cold beer during the ball game last night. Great as usual, I honestly dont think I ever had a bad party short.

Siglo IV with a nice glass of Ardbeg 10

Excellent, I usually have my sigs with uigeadail.

No time for pics but in the past week:

choix supreme (good change of pace smoke)

cce (always excellent)

hu 2 (better than first one i had but still not worth smoking)

sig i (coming around and flavorful)

short (2010 box turning very good)

rascc (not as good as I was hoping for my last one)

cohiba lancero (one of my favs)

Setting down with a lovely RASS HQ from Feb? 11. Thanks to the Czar and their dreadful (for my wallet) LFTH.

C360_2011-08-0817-24-31.jpg

Showtime saw me firing up a Padilla Miami 6x50. Interesting flavors of chocolate and peppery spice, but an attrocious burn and couldn't have kept it lighted with a welder's torch. Burn was past uneven. Got it finished, but worked like a dog in the process.

Upmann mag 50 08

What a difference three years has made. I purchased these when they were first released. They were ok. Smoked too many way too young. Have about 10 left and they are great now. They are now med/full and just mouth fills of creamy dense smoke. This was better than the 07 46 the other day. Never thought I would say that. Not very complex but just a building up of flavors throughout the whole cigar.

Thank you

Kwg116

Cohiba Robusto Jan 09

Great cigar. Med/full with classic cohiba flavors. Dry grass with a slight hint of pepper. Normally do not get that with a cohiba. A friend sold this box to me and hated them. Glad he did. I think these will go away for awhile. Want to try to get 5years on them. Have a box of 07 CCEs that are great. Can't stop smoking them.

Thank you

Kwg116

Sunday:

Juan Lopez Seleccion no. 2

Nice sweet aroma and taste at cold. Bit tight on the draw - did not open up. I found the cigar to be somewhat mild, which is not a problem as such, however it also struggled to develop a distinct flavor. Left it 2/3 in after it went out.

Bolivar Gold Medal LSO MAY 08 - HQ

Unassuming wrapper under all that gold foil; feels light. The vitola has a wonderful feel in the hand. At cold there was a bit of dustiness to the flavor (?). Perfect draw. Medium strong at best and much less flavor kick than I expected. None of the Bolivar spice/pepper; more nut, bran, biscuit with earth. Interesting change up from my expectation of the brand. Definitely more easy going and user friendly. I'm tempted to pair the next one with an off-dry white, or maybe even a late-harvest for the sweet fruit and nut conbo. Hmmm!

Bolivar Gold Medal LSO MAY 08 - HQ

Unassuming wrapper under all that gold foil; feels light. The vitola has a wonderful feel in the hand. At cold there was a bit of dustiness to the flavor (?). Perfect draw. Medium strong at best and much less flavor kick than I expected. None of the Bolivar spice/pepper; more nut, bran, biscuit with earth. Interesting change up from my expectation of the brand. Definitely more easy going and user friendly. I'm tempted to pair the next one with an off-dry white, or maybe even a late-harvest for the sweet fruit and nut conbo. Hmmm!

Interesting. Haven't tried a Gold Medal but picked up a box with the same code from LFTH. Might fire one up this weekend.