FOH'ers Daily Smoke

Smoked one of my favorites today while in mourning over the recently posted deletions for next year. I have this disgusting feeling that the cuban cigar industry is gonna look really different in about 10 years. We're all sad over the loss of a couple of staple cigars that have been discontinued over the past year but which are still rarely available. But in a couple of years those cigar will all be completely gone and the way things are going now, they'll be replace by a new line of cigars that most of us won't care for.

As rare as pre-embargo cigars are to us now, soon people will be talking about the pre-massacre vitolas or the "diverse-era" as it will be referred of some day. "Remember the La Gloria Cubana Marca?" "Ever saw El Rey Del Mundo cigars?"

Soon people will look at the treasures documented on Trevor's website like they are ancient wall paintings.

Anyway, the events of today made this a bittersweet smoke :(

I want to commend you on this post, it was absolutly beautiful and true in a very very sad way, Habanos is going down the toillet...if a cigar smoker wants a long and skinny, there are plenty of very good one coming out of nicaragua. No so much for Cuba...sad.

• Replies 87.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

H Upmann Mag 46 RBT Mar08. Smoking really well right now. Great smoke for the job of writing a speech for my Dad's 70th birthday party.

They are in a slide lid box which is retaining a terrific aroma at cold. Nice big smoke volume and rich flavour I enjoyed but cannot identify elements of. Certainly the classic Upmann flavour and body to this baby.

Just loved it. :thumbsup:

Enjoyed a Great Monte Edmundo with my buddy Sam (he gifted me the smoke and then some!) with a couple of beers. Very nice afternoon/evening is good company

My first Por Larranga, which I did not enjoy, but I will have to give one another go soon. Then a Trinidad Reyes. What a find- this little cigar! :)

I had a chateau fuente after work late last night with a beer, good little smoke, mild, lots of sweet tobbaco, great construction and burn, perfect 45 minute smoke when your not in the mood for anything too complexe or have to put too much thought into

I smoked my first PSD4 Reserva tonight. A nice looking cigar, well-made with a nice cold aroma. The first two or three puffs... well, this is a nice cigar, it tastes like a PSD4 alright. A few more puffs... hey, this is really good, nice Partagas flavors, but really smooth and rich. Low 90's. A few more puffs... God, this is a delicious smoke, really creamy with underlying sweet nectar. By the end of the first third, this stick really had my attention. Really smooth, sophisticated tobacco, with layers of flavor. All the strength and peppery, woody spice, plus a hard-to-define quality. Creamy, smooth, and complex. A real fist-in-a-velvet-glove quality, with the stronger elements on top, but with a sweet woody finish that left me anticipating the next draw. Mid 90's now. And it just kept getting better. The final third was pure Partagas heaven. I burned it down as far as I could hold it. Not a hint of harshness. No bitterness or acid. Just a rich, complex flavor explosion on the tongue, on the lips, in the mouth. High 90's as I snuffed it out. A seriously good... no, a great, great cigar.

I smoked my first PSD4 Reserva tonight. A nice looking cigar, well-made with a nice cold aroma. The first two or three puffs... well, this is a nice cigar, it tastes like a PSD4 alright. A few more puffs... hey, this is really good, nice Partagas flavors, but really smooth and rich. Low 90's. A few more puffs... God, this is a delicious smoke, really creamy with underlying sweet nectar. By the end of the first third, this stick really had my attention. Really smooth, sophisticated tobacco, with layers of flavor. All the strength and peppery, woody spice, plus a hard-to-define quality. Creamy, smooth, and complex. A real fist-in-a-velvet-glove quality, with the stronger elements on top, but with a sweet woody finish that left me anticipating the next draw. Mid 90's now. And it just kept getting better. The final third was pure Partagas heaven. I burned it down as far as I could hold it. Not a hint of harshness. No bitterness or acid. Just a rich, complex flavor explosion on the tongue, on the lips, in the mouth. High 90's as I snuffed it out. A seriously good... no, a great, great cigar.

Nice!!! Do you have a full box? Got a line on where to get these? I loved the Monte #4 Reserva so I would be curious to try a D4 Reserva. Reading your quick review makes me want to find them even more!

Enjoying a Bolivar PC from an ABR 07 cab. What can I say about this cigar that hasn't been said? The flavor is rich, I get elements of cocoa, dark coffee, a certain quality I want to call bready, some pepper on the palate and through the nose. This cigar is a great example of why I smoke Cuban cigars, in my personal top 5.

Smoked a LFD Factory Press III two nights ago. It was my first NC in over a year and was gifted to me by a friend last summer. It started out pretty good actually and I was surprised by the burn and draw, but after a while it was just a strong smoke for smoking sake. Didn't really evolve or tease my palate, the size was ridiculous as well! But I could reconsider smoking NC as a daily smoke. As has been often stated on the forum recently, a good smoke is all about friends and conversation. I think a NC is good for those lonely moments.

enjoyed an HdM Piramide EL 2003. I've got a few left and I've been very pleased with them. Aesthetically, they've all been great as well as their burn and draw. Flavor wise they've been consistent with a sweet creamy core and with hints of leather, wood, toast and bitter chocolate. The smoke progressed in strength and began to lose its sweetness towards the end. I was surprised a little by the strength. I think I can take my time with the last few I have remaining in the humidor.

Had an '03 HDM DD earlier today. Treated me right...tonight I am thinking either a Lusi or an Upmann no.2...jury still out.