FOH'ers Daily Smoke

Had a H.Upmann Robusto last night. Limited edition, in travel humidor (2007). Best cigar I've had this year. Beautiful toasted tobacco with subtle waves of cream, honey, mild spices and forest floor. Medium bodied, quality aged tobacco. Fantastic construction: lovely grey long ash and perfect burn with no relight needed. This cigar was absolute bliss right down to the finger-burning end. 95 points :thumbsup:

Thank you, Trevor, for bringing this cigar for the video review; and thank-you, Rob, for tracking down stock. :perfect10:

• Replies 88k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Had a Partagas 898 last night. It tasted great, as usual, but it was underfilled. My first obviously underfilled cigar. Worse things have happened :)

Smoked one of my favorites today while in mourning over the recently posted deletions for next year. I have this disgusting feeling that the cuban cigar industry is gonna look really different in about 10 years. We're all sad over the loss of a couple of staple cigars that have been discontinued over the past year but which are still rarely available. But in a couple of years those cigar will all be completely gone and the way things are going now, they'll be replace by a new line of cigars that most of us won't care for.

As rare as pre-embargo cigars are to us now, soon people will be talking about the pre-massacre vitolas or the "diverse-era" as it will be referred of some day. "Remember the La Gloria Cubana Marca?" "Ever saw El Rey Del Mundo cigars?"

Soon people will look at the treasures documented on Trevor's website like they are ancient wall paintings.

Anyway, the events of today made this a bittersweet smoke :(

I'm afraid what you're saying has a very good chance of happening ... What a sad time this will be ! :angry::(:angry:

I smoked my first PSD4 Reserva tonight. A nice looking cigar, well-made with a nice cold aroma. The first two or three puffs... well, this is a nice cigar, it tastes like a PSD4 alright. A few more puffs... hey, this is really good, nice Partagas flavors, but really smooth and rich. Low 90's. A few more puffs... God, this is a delicious smoke, really creamy with underlying sweet nectar. By the end of the first third, this stick really had my attention. Really smooth, sophisticated tobacco, with layers of flavor. All the strength and peppery, woody spice, plus a hard-to-define quality. Creamy, smooth, and complex. A real fist-in-a-velvet-glove quality, with the stronger elements on top, but with a sweet woody finish that left me anticipating the next draw. Mid 90's now. And it just kept getting better. The final third was pure Partagas heaven. I burned it down as far as I could hold it. Not a hint of harshness. No bitterness or acid. Just a rich, complex flavor explosion on the tongue, on the lips, in the mouth. High 90's as I snuffed it out. A seriously good... no, a great, great cigar.

After reading your review (and wiping the drool of my chin...) I went looking for some on the net. Difficult to find, but I did find some singles, at 100 AUD each ! Guess I'll just imagine how they taste ... Hhhmmmm delicious !

Tatuaje Illusion MJ12. Very nice cigar! Started in the medium range, and became a power after halfway through. Lots of salt and pepper and of course a billion other tastes I cannot identify. Good cigar night! :spotlight:

That's a good cigar. Not a Tatuaje though. Imo the Illusione cigars are more refined than anything Tat, if you haven't tried the Illusione Epernay, that's another good one.

I'll check it out. What do you mean by "its not a Tatuaje"? Do you mean it is not similar to the other cigars in the line or something else? Its very hard to find NCs up here. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for them next time I'm down South though. Thanks.

I mean it's not part of the Tatuaje brand, separate brand, different owners...they're not related in any way.

This afternoon I had my first Punch Petit Punch from may 08 I brought back from Cuba. Very nice flavour, smooth and rich, no bitterness. It was just a bit too tight a draw to be able to enjoy it fully. Great smoke nonetheless.

After that I had a Master Carlos Torano robusto. Great construction and draw, with a cold draw aroma I've never experienced before, very interesting : full of sweet spice and deep tobacco taste. Great burn and plenty of smoke. One of the best smokes I've had.

Great PSD4 the other day. Currently enjoying my first HDM des dieux from a CZAR long and skinny sampler bought a while back. Love the size, burn is impeccable. Guessing it's got some age on it. Not sure the woody profile is my thing, but a lovely cigar nonetheless.

Had an HDM DD '03 early on and it just wasn't treating me well. Tasted too 'biting'...then before the hurricane hit I needed a big blast so I had a Viaje exclusive something-or-other. There were 3 or four bands on it and both ends were tapered like a piramid. It was bold, big, and very satisfying. Great cigar to fill what I needed at the time. For me choosing the right cigar for the right occasion/mood/need is an awesome part of the whole experience.

Ramon Allones Allones Superiores POL MAY10.

Just smoked my first "known cigar" from Czar. A very good almost medium cigar in body and flavour. Will definitely need more time though.

post-7691-0-90440000-1314549520.jpg

Upman Magnum 46, mellow and just what was needed a few hours after a massive lunch, no big flavours but enjoyably subtle...and a great size, more 42-48 cigars please (not that anyone cares!! :confused: )

I can't even tell you what cigars I smoked yesterday at the Herf last night.

An Epic evening to say the least.....

+2 Art... some of those cigars were off the hook.

I remember I started with a Punch Norhtern Lights and five or.. maybe six cigars later ended with a HDM Esp. #1

Tom

Here is what I remember that was being passed around.

70s montecristo no. 1 in cello (the cigar of the night)

06s Por Larranaga something or other

a cigar from 1945

1993 Partagas 898 unvarnished

Behike 52, 54, and 56

2004 EL cohiba Sublime

2003 cohiba reserva esplendido

trinidad 40th anniversary canonazo

Punch northern lights

Juan Lopez Obus

Opus X BBMF

70s fonseca consecos

I am sure I am missing some. As I mentioned before. An epic evening.

last week i smoked a lot of cigars with a lot of great brothers in the GTA, too many to recall, but thanks to all of them.

saturday pre-herf i smoked a monte 2 and a costa rican cigar my sister brought back for me (which was pretty good and tasted like a cuban cigar)

saturday night at the "megafumada" (megaherf) - i smoked an 07 plpc, an 01 or 02 SCDLH La Punta, an 07 trini Reyes, and they all were really great. Not to mention DbAll was passing around the bling and it was all 1970s **** we PPP'd, thanks a lot for that dude, great experience.

on Sunday I smoked a great Unicos - Thanks LLoyd, some "my father" NC thing from Art that was really good, and now i'm smoking a 2011 Cohiba Maduro 5 secretos that is ******* good. First 2011 cigar i've smoked, and god damn its good as hell. (and from the czar) - Also smoked a hamlet custom which was also awesome :)

A few good sticks as of recent. The VR Unicos is from 08 and out-freaking-standing. Dark and smooth, just out of this world. The wrappers are oil blotched. The PC del Punch have been a go-to stick as of recent, toasted graham cracker thing going on with these guys. Lanceros is from 08 and smoking very very good, can't get enough of the Lanceros. The Hoyo LE 07 are aging very very well. Smoking near full bodied with a lot of complexity. A Monte 2 from 06, one of my first boxes purchased. Still have half left and each and everyone have been a joy to smoke. Now the flavor has smoothed out and I'm starting to understand what a cigar with some age on it taste like. I have two 06 boxes, these Monte 2 and Esplendidos.

post-6952-0-16928900-1314647693.jpg

post-6952-0-41483400-1314647703.jpg

post-6952-0-38765700-1314647711.jpg

post-6952-0-36612100-1314647723.jpg

post-6952-0-91380700-1314647733.jpg

post-6952-0-79043000-1314647746.jpg