• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Cigars in the past week...

Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo San Juan OLM Oct 14. When I want a change of pace, I like a light-strengthed cigar such as the Hoyo de Monterrey San Juan. I love the creaminess of the Le Hoyo line too. Obviously this will only get milder and more creamy with age. Still, I nubbed it.

attachicon.gif2015-11-22 10.25.10.jpgattachicon.gif2015-11-22 12.01.32.jpg

Hoyo de Monterrey Grand Epicure EL 2013 (obtained in a trade - thanks Geoff). The a la carte Hoyo de Monterrey cigar that was rich, chocolate, spicy and complimented my black coffee really well. Did I mention hints of creaminess on top? It will only get better. Strong for HdM, as it was a touch under medium-strengthed.

attachicon.gif2015-11-27 18.53.34.jpg

Trinidad Reyes RMU Ago 15. Okay I admit it, I smoked this very young, but I had to sample it ROTT (right off the truck - so to speak) because Trinidad, construction-wise has been so poor in the last few years, especially in regards to wrappers. This box I can see is the exception. This cigar was strong, had volumes of smoke, was easy to draw and left that quissential Trinidad aftertaste that was still there the next day when I woke up! The flavour? Well check out the Cuban Cigar Website user-submitted description of the Reyes and you'll find the following...Wood (6), Tobacco (5), Floral (5), Cream (5), Spice (4), Grass (4), Herbal (4), Honey (4), Leather (3), Nut (3), Pepper (3), Coffee (3) and Earth (3). In other words, complex. If you've picked this up off the recent 24:24 sales, you won't be disappointed. Obviously, one to let rest as it will settle as it ages. I'm interested to see what flavour/s come to fore in the future.

attachicon.gif2015-11-27 20.27.08.jpg

Montecristo No.2 (obtained in a trade - thanks Matt) And so, my hit-and-miss ratio with the Montecristo No.2 continues, in this case miss. That's the way it goes, for those of you who play poker, sometimes you have to fold a lot until you get given a strong hand. This was average. Excellent on flavours, with cocoa, coffee, a little nut and smooth toasted tobacco, but unfortunately it was a little tight and low on smoke. I await the next Monte 2!

attachicon.gif2015-11-28 12.05.05.jpg

H.Upmann Connossieur A LUB Oct 14 (obtained in a split with Jason - thanks!) The only thing wrong with this was the spelling of its name, the 'i' should go after the s, not before! (that's Habanos S.A for you) I obtained a split of 5 a few months ago and sampled the first one. Toasted tobacco and shortbread with leather. Very nice but a touch strong for how I like my Upmanns. I look forward to re-visiting in 6 to 12 months.

attachicon.gif2015-11-28 18.05.58.jpg

Bolivar Belicosos Finos PMS Ene 15 (obtained in a split with muzz - thanks!) Saturday night and my brother-in-law (cuzz) came over for visit so I pulled these out to sample. Sure, Bolivar is not my 'go to' marca, but I do understand why the BBF is a FoH forum favourite. This was a powerful, earthy cigar, yet smooth, had good smoke and did not overwhelm with a strong aftertaste on the tongue. I nubbed this one too!

attachicon.gif2015-11-28 21.10.58.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to put some thoughts down with each cigar. I have yet to really dive into Trinidad with the Fundys or Reyes but I think it's time. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't think I was going to be able to smoke today but found time to enjoy a RG PC NRG NOV 05!

post-21459-0-94398600-1448847602_thumb.j

Cheers!

Bill

• Like 1

HQ Partagas Shorts for a sunny Calgary afternoon walk with my wife.attachicon.gif

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

LOL - you're pic is even bigger than mine :)

Cigars in the past week...

H.Upmann Connossieur A LUB Oct 14 (obtained in a split with Jason - thanks!) The only thing wrong with this was the spelling of its name, the 'i' should go after the s, not before! (that's Habanos S.A for you) I obtained a split of 5 a few months ago and sampled the first one. Toasted tobacco and shortbread with leather. Very nice but a touch strong for how I like my Upmanns. I look forward to re-visiting in 6 to 12 months.

attachicon.gif2015-11-28 18.05.58.jpg

Thanks John. I agree and wonder as how many consider the ConnyA as being a mild or medium cigar. Last OR one (2013) I had a couple of weeks ago was seriously strong, taste-wise (med-full) and nicotine-wise (giving me a buzz).

Paul

• Like 1

A Siglo II going on three years of perfection and my newest watch (not the best, but I like it)

50c8d5d70cf2045f17959032b409bc4f.jpg

Sent from AOL in 1999

• Like 3

Thanks for taking the time to put some thoughts down with each cigar. I have yet to really dive into Trinidad with the Fundys or Reyes but I think it's time. Thanks!

My pleasure. As I mentioned, it was very young, but if we can judge on potential based on initial flavours, construction, draw and smoke, then the first cigar from this RMU Ago 15 box is a 'cracker'!

Thanks John. I agree and wonder as how many consider the ConnyA as being a mild or medium cigar. Last OR one (2013) I had a couple of weeks ago was seriously strong, taste-wise (med-full) and nicotine-wise (giving me a buzz).

Paul

This LUB Oct 14 offering was strong with a good nicotine kick too. The H.Upmann Connossieur A I had at Havanathon at the end of October this year (one of the four cigars we had at the event), was much milder and the shortbread/toasted tobacco flavours were more dominant, which is how I prefer my Upmanns. I've got another four from this split, so I look forward to the next one next year, but I still enjoyed this one.

That's good to know. Hmmm...it may be time to visit my BTO Dic 12 Cohiba Siglo II's next month!

Yup, I think these were BTO OCT 12. They needed some time and acclimation but they're quite nice. Even more citrus and cream than the Siglo Is and Robustos I've had before.

Sent from AOL in 1999

• Like 1