Moldy Tubed Habano

Tampa1257

I have wondered for several years now if anyone else ever noticed the Mold on the tubed cigar that Cigar Czar uses in their ad at the bottom of the home page of the FriendsOfHabanos.com. The one that states “Life is not a dress rehearsal”, that photo clearly shows 3 white patches of Mold growing on the clipped cigar coming out of a tube.

Is that the quality control of the humidors? Or just a faux photo taken during an adult beveraged induced afternoon? :unsure:

I have wondered for several years now if anyone else ever noticed the Mold on the tubed cigar that Cigar Czar uses in their ad at the bottom of the home page.

Yep.

I saw it years ago as well...

What about the Cohiba band in the photo as the Czar store main page. That misprinting on one band in particular would have the guys over at CA declaring 100% fake goods.

White is plume. Blue/Green is mold.

Mold is splotchy, like that cigar in the ad, sort of looks like a growing spider web. Plume is equally spread around a cigar. Besides, white mold carries more harmful bacteria causing illness and lung harm (so I've been told). I thought Blue/Green mold was algae. :bsmeter:

I too had always assumed it was plume. All the mold that I have encountered in the past have been green...as far as it pertains to cigars that is.

All those folks who think the white stuff can only be plume had better take another look at their storage regiment.

I have no idea what the white stuff is in the photo - mold, reflection, or snow leftover from the Christmas shoot -

but when I encounter mold, that is a great example of how it looks.

I've never seen green mold on a cigar but won't say it cant happen.

And its only the tubos that ever get mold on them for me.

So now I take them out of the tube

til I need to carry them.

That photo does make me smirk tho.