3 Trips in one week more to come:

Miami101

Checking in with some fishing photos, but there should be more to come:

1st trip

Some friends that like to hit the bush ask me to go with them to Noble Hammock Canoe Trail. Noble Hammock is an intimate narrow canoe path winds through a mangrove maze, looping around past Noble Hammock, once a haven for moonshiners in the early twentieth century. My friends had been working on cleanning up a old trail which had not been used for a long time here are some photos. Some of the guys on this trip are trail masters.

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_6283.jpg

IMG_6258.jpg

2nd Trip was on Fla Bay front side of Flamingo with my brother:

40 fish in total nothing to large, but lots of fun:sea trout, Jacks, Lady Fish

IMG_6228.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6231.jpg

3rd Trip was with my friend Jared deep back country here are some photos:

Lost count of the fish: Snook, Tarpon, Jew Fish

746818437_GxFMo-M-1.jpg

746819151_6tht8-M-1.jpg

746819590_fpvoS-M-1.jpg

746819913_FTWX5-M-1.jpg

746820190_M55be-M-1.jpg

746843561_Nu2g6-M-1.jpg

My friend Jared:

746999627_psCRy-M-1.jpg

747000062_LNJL2-M-1.jpg

747000916_XiYJu-M-1.jpg

IMG_6299.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg

See you next time:

IMG_6298.jpg

Pretty sure jewfish are in the grouper family, and get very big, 100s of lbs.

Yes the Jew fish is a Grouper they call them Goliath Grouper. On this trip I did not take my Fly Rod base there are a few fish I'm going after on my next trip.

Yes the Jew fish is a Grouper they call them Goliath Grouper. On this trip I did not take my Fly Rod base there are a few fish I'm going after on my next trip.

i think we discussed this once before. your jewies and our jewies very different thing. ours look more like a barra or tarpon but not jumpers. fight very hard but not for that long, unless you are on light gear. can grow very big. lovely silvery fish.

i think we discussed this once before. your jewies and our jewies very different thing. ours look more like a barra or tarpon but not jumpers. fight very hard but not for that long, unless you are on light gear. can grow very big. lovely silvery fish.

Snook is like the Barramundi, or perch. Snook give a very good fight, and they are very smart.

The fight could range from jumpping, long runs, and can fight for a good period of time. The larger once can be bears, and are very smart hard to trick them.

This is the fish with a black line. I have not caught them that big, but I can dream.

Sliver fish Tarpon AKA the Sliver King can get above 200 pounds, and give a great fight. I have had them over 150 pounds, but can never land them.

Jew fish these guys are becoming a problem these fish like Tarpon can not be taken out of the water. They are a nice fight, and I had one eat one of the Snook, and break the line on me.

Information:

Science Name: Epinephelus itajara

Other Names: goliath grouper, spotted jewfish, southern jewfish, Florida jewfish

World Record: 680 lbs. Florida

Environment: inshore, coastal, reef

Techniques: bottom fishing, heavy tackle, drift fishing