The Pacific

Smoke_Eater

If you didn't see the HBO Miniseries Band of Brothers, I highly recommend it. Tom Hanks & Steven Spielberg have teamed up again to bring us The Pacific. Should be coming out in the next couple of months. Here's the trailer.

thanks for that. i missed band of brothers first time but it was repeated very recently on late night tv. have videoed it and looking forward to watching the lot over a sitting or two.

and will keep an eye out for this.

I never tire of watching "Band of Brothers". I really look forward to the sequel "Pacific".

My father was a Marine combat officer who fought on Guadalcanal, and led amphibious landings on Iwo Jima and Okinawa. God rest his soul. I've read everything I can about the Pacific Island battles, and this should be a moving experience. Spielberg and Hanks are an unbeatable combination.

Thanks for the link. I loved Band of Brothers too. Have two copies of the DVD set. Why two? I don't know...looking forward to this next installment.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I never tire of watching "Band of Brothers". I really look forward to the sequel "Pacific".

My father was a Marine combat officer who fought on Guadalcanal, and led amphibious landings on Iwo Jima and Okinawa. God rest his soul. I've read everything I can about the Pacific Island battles, and this should be a moving experience. Spielberg and Hanks are an unbeatable combination.

Hope you saw Letters From Iwo Jima & Flags OF Our Fathers.

really enjoyed BoB, especially that episode where they stumble on the concentration camp. brought home not only how horrific it was for those interned in them but how gutwrenching it must have been to discover them. some people cannot rot in hell long enough.

looking forward to the pacific - been getting lots of promos here so should be on soon.

i was named after my dad's uncle, with whom he was very close. he was killed on the kokoda trail in WWII. when i was in PNG a decade or so ago (hell, must be nearly two decades now i guess), i went out to the war graves (immacutely kept). found his grave. brought photos back home. i had not realised that the family had believed he was just buried out in the jungle. no one had ever told them his body was recovered and buried in the official cemetery. for my dad, his brother and their aunt, it was extraordiarily emotional.

I must say, I am looking forward to watching this new series. Band of brothers was amazing as I am sure, The pacific will be also.

Makes you really appreciate what was sacrificed for us and our future. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...